Best way to lose back and stomach fat??

Options
(This is my first post so sorry if I'm doing this wrong!!)

Like the title says does anyone know a way to lose that fat?? I don't have a lot of equipment, only a few weights and a treadmill...Any help would be awesome

Replies

• BrickFox
    BrickFox Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about doing it wrong. It's good to ask questions!

Unfortunately, genetics is the only way that can determine where you lose fat. You can't target specific areas to lose fat. Just follow a strength and conditioning routine that fits the equipment you have, and keep your calories in a deficit, and eventually you'll get all the fat you want gone.

Good luck!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Stop eating so many calories.
  • jenmckane86
    jenmckane86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I recommend reading this thread : http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

A calorie deficit will be the best, and only way to lose the fat. How you get the deficit is up to you.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Have a good diet & workout plan and keep going. You body needs time to show you what it can do in response to the changes from diet and workout.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    you have to lower your body fat overall. you cannot spot reduce.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    exercise is not how you lose fat, calorie deficit is. Obviously exercise will increase your calorie burn, but you have to manage it through your diet. Exercise and lift to build some muscle to replace the fat. There is no way to lose fat in any one given area other than to just reduce your overall body fat and over time that will go too.
  • sbmcm
    sbmcm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Personally, when I incorporate intervals in my cardio (i.e., sprint for 1-2 minutes, walk for 3-4 minutes, and repeat for the duration), I tend to lose more from my abdominal area. Keep in mind this probably has a lot to do with individual metabolic profile, but it might be worth a shot.
  • nikol_xix
    nikol_xix Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Everything starts with nutrition. It's not really helpful to exercise but take a lot of "bad" calories at the same time. Exercising might help you to loose more weight but the first thing that you have to do is to eliminate fast food, fried food, sweets ,bread , butter and other containing big amounts of fat. Make a meal program and be sure that you have a good breakfast. Foods rich in protein, as chicken, yogurt, milk, eggs, oats ,fish etc combined with exercise is the best way to see your body transformed
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    you have to lower your body fat overall. you cannot spot reduce.

Exactly my answer.

You can't choose from where your body loses fat, or where it seems to disappear first. (My curse is I lose my boobs first, and gain 'em back last, boo hoo my tragedy, but I know I've dropped fat when my thighs start to lean out.)

• MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Like above, you can't spot reduce fat. BUT... I do a combo of running and walking on an incline. My stomach and lower back are definitely getting firmer. Yes, I have lost fat overtime but compared to when I have only dieted, no exercise, I can tell the difference.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you have to lower your body fat overall to lose fat in specific areas. We don't get to pick and choose where our fat is stored, unfortunately.

Focus on a calorie deficit to lose the 46 pounds you want to lose. Add strength training to maintain more muscle mass as you lose weight. This will help to lower your body fat percentage because more of what you lose will be fat, not muscle.