90% of my calories by 1pm?

is it ok iF i meet most of my caloric needs for the day by the end of BREAKFAST?

Replies

• Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    'Caloric needs'...? Does that mean you had a really, really, really big and/or calorie dense breakfast? Sure, that's fine! You might get hungry later in the day, though...
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    As long as you don't get too hungry it doesn't matter when you eat your calories.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    edited September 2015
    yes it matters.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    it seems that way. although i might be confused.

Now you are confusing me X'D How about opening up your diary or posting up some numbers/a description that make you think you have eaten so much?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    urloved33 wrote: »
    yes it matters.

why?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    how many calories a day are you eating OP ?
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    You're significantly underweight, right? Stop overthinking it and just eat. If you ate all your calories for breakfast, awesome, just wait until you get hungry and eat some more. One day of eating even more than your planned surplus isn't going to have a significant effect, one way or another.

One caveat: was it a binge? (As in, completely out-of-control eating). That might be cause for concern.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited September 2015
    This guy has posted like 17 threads about under/over eating in the past week.

Time to give it a break and see a professional if you really want help, or some need to justify how you're eating.
  • sscarmack
    sscarmack Posts: 210 Member
    yes it matters.

I'm curious why too. I eat when I first wake up, and will have a snack around 10am, eat lunch, snack around 230pm, eat dinner around 7pm, and possibly a snack sometime throughout the night.

I would love to hear your reasoning. Seriously :)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    If you're really trying to gain weight as badly as claimed in other threads, then you need to eat a lot more than you have been.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    is it ok iF i meet most of my caloric needs for the day by the end of BREAKFAST?

Physiologically - it should be ok if you are meeting calorie / nutritional amounts which align with your goals.
    Psychologically - please be wary of unwittingly feeding a binge / restrict cycle.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    yes it matters.

care to expand?
  • JoshLibby
    JoshLibby Posts: 214 Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm pretty sure that it would only matter on a nutritional level.

Eventual the body will adapt to whatever you throw at it , but the body can only absorb so much at time and no one knows how much it is since everyone is different.

This is why it's recommend going a little over on macros and micro nutrients to make sure you have it covered. Just because you think you're eating 30 grams of protein doesn't mean you body actual adsorbs 30 grams of protein.

It would also be relevant to how much the 90 percent of calories is. If an individual only needs 1400 calories per say it might not be a server as someone who needs 4k-6k. That would be too demanding on the digestive system, organs.

If possible, depending on certain variables it shouldn't effect losing weight or gaining weight, but I've seen strange things.

If you're under 2k calories I wouldn't worry about it, but once you start going over 2k calories try spacing out meals better to give time for better digestion. There are many studies on people who eat large amounts of foods "fast" that get acid reflex, gerd, fatty liver, so on so forth.

I also forgot to add when a person goes to sleep wakes up would be another variable.
  • dizzler1
    dizzler1 Posts: 48 Member
    For comparison I eat 40 breakfast 15 lunch 20 dinner and around 25 % snacks in between on average to reach my 3100 cals Your last post sounds more realistic