I'm new with 15lbs to lose

Options
:flowerforyou:

I just started today. I workout 3x a week but my eating habits could be so much better. Any suggestions for a filling lunch and snacks through out the day?

Replies

• jeanice66
    jeanice66 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope you find this sight and the mobile app as extremely helpful as I have! Good luck - and don't give up!
  • LBROZ
    LBROZ Posts: 8
    Options
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome! Make certain you are getting protein and good carbs. Try to eat every 2-3 hours. My lunches rotate between leftovers from last nights dinner; lean cuisines (tons of sodium so you'll get flack for that-I ignore it!) with a salad (no dressing, just fruit and balsamic vinegar); half sandwich and salad; cup of soup and salad or sushi. For snacks I eat almonds and Clif Bars for my on-the-go snacks and at home I'll eat veggies and hummus and laughing cow cheese wedges; crackers and laughing cow cheese wedges or an apple with peanut butter. Treat your daily calories allotment like cash and spend it wisely. Try not to use it on empty calories but make nutritionally sound choices that will keep you feeling full longer.
  • airplanes00
    airplanes00 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am fairly new too, this is my third week (start of). I too have 15lbs to go to meet my goal weight, and it has been hard to move that scale its been stuck for about a month 1/2, so I joined here to help me be very honest with what I am eating. I am 29 years old 150lbs, I am 5'6" and my goal weight is 135lb. I am getting married next summer and want to look like I did when we first started dating. So if you would like you can add me as a friend and we can keep each other motivated, the last 10 are the hardest, so it might be nice to have some support.

Thanks -
  • BeastieGirl
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

Now don't be put off, but cold porridge is a fantastic, low fat snack that will really fill you up and keep releasing energy for hours.

I make it with a banana, some blueberries, some sultanas and skimmed milk, and just a drizzle of honey. Two normal sized breakfast bowls gives you enough for three day's worth of snacks, just put them in small containers and pop them in the fridge. Trust me, the porridge turns all creamy and rich, it is delicious:smile:

Snacks I can do, but I'd love some tips on lunch in return! I have started making my own yoghurt and lemon dressing for salad, which is so much better than loads of mayo. I cook up some chicken and just add a little to the salad, or use tuna or Quorn.

I must admit though, I get really bored with my lunches!
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    welcome!
    for snacks, I like a handful of almonds, a cheese stick, fruit, and LOTS of water. I also drink iced tea (unsweetened but made with flavored teas like peach mango from lipton - great replacement for soda)
    for lunch I like "wraps" made with a full lettuce leaf rather than a tortilla, soup (must drink a lot to acomodate the sodium) and I also eat dinner leftovers regularly

I'm shooting for 15 pounds as my first Major goal (5 this month). Friend me if you want.

good luck!
  • MzJae414
    MzJae414 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good luck you can do it
  • rbnwltn
    rbnwltn Posts: 1
    Options
    My girlfriend and I were in Weight Watchers for about 1 year and met our goals. A trick we used was to carry small ziploc bags with frosted mini-wheats. 24 mini biscuits....gives you a little sweet treat, has lots of fiber, and gives you enough crunch time that it makes you think you have eaten quite a lot. Fills you up, too!
    Best advice.....low fat and lots of fiber will take the weight off.
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I started this year with 15 pounds to lose, now i'm changing my goall to 20 lbs. I snack on almonds, string cheese, fresh fruit, veggies and hummus, sugar-free jello when I need something sweet. If you fill your profile out a bit, you will quickly get friends, then you can look at their diaries to get more ideas, that's what I do. Also, the more friends you have on here the more I find to be motivated by their support:)
  • GameOn2011
    GameOn2011 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Same goal weight here! You can check out my food diary! I've lost 10 and am trying to loose another 15! Good luck!
  • misskuda
    misskuda Posts: 12
    Options
    welcome
    i cut up fruit in little pieces and so when i feel the need to snack pick up fruit
  • misskuda
    misskuda Posts: 12
    Options
    welcome
    i cut up fruit in little pieces and so when i feel the need to snack pick up fruit
  • LBROZ
    Options
    Great, that helps alot:-)
  • LBROZ
    Options
  • LBROZ
    Options
  • jamontagne
    jamontagne Posts: 115
    Options
    hahaha! :laugh: I LOVE the cash analogy! Maybe that will help me really crack down on this weight loss thing - I'm known to be a "penny pincher" - maybe I can learn to be a "calorie pincher" now too! Thanks! I'm gonna focus on that this week and see if it helps.

So - everyday I earn 1000 calories for getting up, then I earn more calories for exercise (i.e. work). Then I spend my "calorie dollars" throughout the day and try not to end up with a "negative balance" (i.e. spending more than I make). I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! :bigsmile:
  • slchasteen10
    Options
    I've had the app for a while but just recently started trying to use it.. so really I'm new to! Just wanted to say I LOVE the cash analogy as well! Thats a great way to look at it!
  • greghert
    greghert Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to swap crisp for celery and banana's and find that just looking at the label on stuff really helps.. I pick up two sandwiches one is 221 cal the other 546 ... before I would have just picked what I fancied. I have become a label and an app fanatic . good luck with the weight loss :)