First Time Mom

Options
Good morning everyone, I'm a first time mom. I had my beautiful girl July 9th and well I gained 45 pounds this pregnancy. Just looking for some support to help me get back into shape!

Replies

• lizrd65
    lizrd65 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    God luck, and congrats! What's your plan of attack?
  • Larainuh92
    Larainuh92 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @lizrd65 Thank you! Hah well the plan is to find time to actually eat breakfast and at least get 30m workouts in with me daughter (:
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. My number 1 suggestion is to stick to that 30 minutes to yourself thing. Even on the days you don't exercise getting 30 minutes for you everyday will make you a better mother too! If you are breast feeding be careful not to drop your calories too low. Breast feeding really burns a ton of calories and you will need them.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My kiddos are a bit older (6, 4, and 4) but once we developed a good schedule, I worked out with DVDs at night. Try to meal plan and keep it simple. Hardboiled eggs and a fruit are a good go-to for an on the go a.m. breakfast.
  • Larainuh92
    Options
    @enterdanger I'm not breastfeeding really wish I was. Everyone tells you how good and great it is, but nobody tells how HARD it is! I'm definitely going to try to get 30m in atleast 3x a week to start
  • lizrd65
    Options
    Larainuh92 wrote: »
    @lizrd65 Thank you! Hah well the plan is to find time to actually eat breakfast and at least get 30m workouts in with me daughter (:

Well stay focused. What are you using to motivate your self?
  • Larainuh92
    Options
    @lizrd65 that's a good question... I got nothin
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My kids are 13 and 15 and the best advice I can give you is to get a good stroller (preferably a jogging stroller) or a Baby Bjorn (sling) and walk as much as you can. It is so good to get out of the house, it is good exercise and if you start early, your baby will be so used to it that she'll never mind it! You can walk outside or in a mall but make time to do it every day! I see jogging strollers for sale used at yard sales all the time!
  • lizrd65
    Options
    Larainuh92 wrote: »
    @lizrd65 that's a good question... I got nothin

I use a picture of my self from when I was really over weight. My wife still can't believe how much I have lost. You got to have something to remind you, why your doing it.
  • elekroos7
    elekroos7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and starting my weight loss journey, again ;) Feel free to add me for motivation, humor and eventually, recipes. Good luck!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad about that @Larainuh92. I didn't breast feed either of mine. I thought I was going to right up until a month before my first was born. I was so sore I was like forget that. With my 2nd, he was extra large at birth and couldn't regulate his blood sugar very well so he had to be bottle fed in the NICU and had an IV. They both turned out ok.
  • Vzqz2012
    Vzqz2012 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know how hard it is to lose that weight but you can do it I was once at 195 and im at 173 now push hard girl you can do it dedication and motivation!
  • Watch_Me_Shine416
    Watch_Me_Shine416 Posts: 138 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    HI I'm a first time mom too! Feel free to add me :)
  • robyndobyn3
    robyndobyn3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm also a first time Mom! Feel free to add me as well. I've been walking with my daughter attached to me with a Baby Bjorn since she was born. 15 months later and she stills loves it...AND I get a better workout the heavier she gets! I've just started running with her in the stroller and that is great. She really enjoys being outside and I get 30 minutes of quiet time. Hope you are able to find something that works for you both! Good luck!
  • KourtneyChristine
    Options
    Breastfeeding is very hard but unfortunaly it does not help you lose weight because you NEED to be eating constantly. You always feel hungry. When I had my baby in February I stayed at the hospital for 5 days. By the time I left I had
    Lost 30lbs from having baby. The. I dropped another 15lbs at home. Well my milm supply was suffering and didn't know why. Here I find out 2 weeks later I should be eating wayyyyyy more. So I boosted my calories and my milk came in like crazy! So honestly. Breastfeeding does not help you lose weight. And it's easy after 1 month. You just have to really want that for you and your baby.