naughty almond butter

Options
I have totally fallen off the healthy eating wagon and jumped on the almond butter bus. I n one day ive managed to consume over 1000 calories in the evil stuff. Ive had it in smoothies, as a dip and then on apple slices. Why oh why did i give in to the stuff. Are there any lower fat and calorie alternatives that i can try. Im really struggling lately when it comes to food and have no motivativation

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Do you like peanut butter? Have you considered switching to PB2?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I had to go the powdered peanut butter route (preferably not PB2 as I prefer other brands). When I have real nut butter in the house I can't meet my goals. Too bad so sad. Have I tried moderation? Yes. Did not work.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I had to go the powdered peanut butter route (preferably not PB2 as I prefer other brands). When I have real nut butter in the house I can't meet my goals. Too bad so sad. Have I tried moderation? Yes. Did not work.

I haven't seen any other brands besides PB2 :frowning: It's okay, and it gets the job *mostly* done, but are there other brands that you would suggest?
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I have found PB2 infinitely better by adding a little salt and the evil aspartame. Before I did that it was sad and bland.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

I haven't seen any other brands besides PB2 :frowning: It's okay, and it gets the job *mostly* done, but are there other brands that you would suggest?

So far my absolute favorite is called Just Great Stuff. It is sweeter, nuttier, AND creamier (more creamy?). They have a chocolate, and one with extra protein as well but I don't like that one because it is pea protein.

I also like the Peanut Butter and Co. flaxseed and chia better. I believe they have others but that is the only option I've tried from that brand. The calories are 50 per serving.

Next I like PB2.

Trunut has been the worst so far.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

So far my absolute favorite is called Just Great Stuff. It is sweeter, nuttier, AND creamier (more creamy?). They have a chocolate, and one with extra protein as well but I don't like that one because it is pea protein.

I also like the Peanut Butter and Co. flaxseed and chia better. I believe they have others but that is the only option I've tried from that brand. The calories are 50 per serving.

Next I like PB2.

Thanks, I'll look for these!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Try cashew butter! That makes an even better bitter butter batter!
  • Lil_lifter
    Lil_lifter Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I stopped buying almond butter because it was contributing to rapid weight gain. It's gorgeous, and fairly nutritious, but soooo addictive.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Geez, now I want to try almond butter.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    ohmscheeks wrote: »
    Geez, now I want to try almond butter.

Justin's vanilla almond butter.

You're welcome.

:)

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Jif also has a brand of powdered peanut butter! I'm picking up that or something from Peanut Butter & Co after my PB2 is used up.

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I don't like sweetened peanut butter, so I bought peanut flour instead of PB2.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Don't buy the jars. Buy the individual serving sizes. I love almond butter. But I go through phases with foods.
  • sweetiepie781
    sweetiepie781 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am right with you on this one I have an extreme addiction to all nut butters especially sunflower butter and Pb it's getting dangerous buying it anymore as sometimes I can measure out my 2 tbs no problem and others I end up eating half a jar :)
  • claregib
    claregib Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have decided not to buy anymore almond butter. I'm in the UK and usually buy the Meridian almond butter which contains only almonds. The problem is I can never stick to 1 tbs due to it being so sticky and its impossible to level it out. Nothing to do with me being unable to resist the urge of putting the spoon straight to my mouth:) I'm going to search for the powdered pb though I don't think its available over here but will try.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

Next I like PB2.

I see Just Great Stuff Powdered Organic Chocolate Peanut Butter, 6.35 Ounce Jar is $8.49 as an Add On item on Amazon - where do you get it and for how much? I've never seen it in a store.
  • ktkrshw
    ktkrshw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    claregib wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I have decided not to buy anymore almond butter. I'm in the UK and usually buy the Meridian almond butter which contains only almonds. The problem is I can never stick to 1 tbs due to it being so sticky and its impossible to level it out. Nothing to do with me being unable to resist the urge of putting the spoon straight to my mouth:) I'm going to search for the powdered pb though I don't think its available over here but will try.

Are you form the UK? I
    t's available on amazon and holland&barrett :)
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Definitely cashew butter or sunflower seed butter, both leave peanut butter in the dust.