Ready to lose this weight!

Options
I am so ready to get this weight off me! I have 100 pounds to lose but I am setting smaller goals for myself to begin. One problem I have is that I can't do a lot of things. I have a major injury to my knee/leg so my mobility is minimal at best. But I know if I keep track of everything I eat and make sure I am within my calorie limit I can do this.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yep. It's all about the calorie deficit. Get a food scale to weigh all solid foods. A food scale is important for calibrating food amounts.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

You can do this!!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    You absolutely can do this!

I lost 90# before I began to even walk more, just by controlling my calorie intake. Getting that amount of weight off made my knees feel so much better that I was able to move more. At first it was just walking for 15 minutes. I increased the amount of time gradually, joined a gym in January, and now I go to the gym every day and for walks most days.

Best of luck to you! You can do this!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Smaller goals is the way to do this! :)
    Don't worry too much about exercise, it's not needed to lose weight. Eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight - regardless of how much you move. Good luck.
  • lisaann0712
    lisaann0712 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the encouraging words!