Please help me!

Options
I'm 21, 168-170 lbs & 5'11 thats 1.

I'll be eating on a calorie deficit since I wanna lose more weight since I have a high body fat about 19-20%, and I lack muscle. so I think the best starting point is 2000 calories per day, right?

I think my diet should be fixed by someone that knows http://i.imgur.com/RSI6gZo.png Don't mind the 300 calories not added, it's still not fully finished.

I'll start a strength training program (specifically 5x5). So what's your opinion about my diet? what should I add, remove or replace with?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• InxcN7
    InxcN7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose body fat and gain muscle.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you looking for? If it is a detailed eating plan, what you need is a dietitian, no stranger can do this over the internet.
  • InxcN7
    edited September 2015
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    What exactly are you looking for? If it is a detailed eating plan, what you need is a dietitian, no stranger can do this over the internet.
    no I don't need a dietitian thats 1.
    All the information is FREE on the internet. if I can't do it, then no one else can. I'm asking for some criticism on my plan & new meal ideas.
    Forgive me but I don't consider your input here as nothing but posthunting. plus I don't like your advice at all.

//offtopic: ellhnas/ida eisai?
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to lose body fat and gain muscle, that's not really going to happen at a calorie deficit. You may make some early minimal gains, but the best way to gain muscle is by eating at maintenance to surplus, not a deficit.

There's nothing wrong with your food choices; they seem pretty well rounded. However, for your stated goals, you're going to want to up your calorie intake. If you don't have much muscle now, there is no reason to be in a deficit; the cut comes after building some muscle. You may benefit from recomp- maintaining weight while losing fat. If you haven't seen this thread yet, it seems up your alley for your goals.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, plug your info into the MFP and follow the recommendations.

To be healthy, eat healthy foods. https://cdn1.sph.harvard.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/30/2013/04/HEPApr2013.jpg

To keep your muscles, lift weights.

If you want big muscles, the most important thing is calories. Eating more calories is very helpful. Theoretically, there would be a magic number where you'd build muscle and not gain fat, but most people who are interested in pumping themselves up will eat extra and gain some fat, just to be sure they're getting their calories. Then they diet those extra pounds off and repeat the cycle. It's like yo-yo dieting with a purpose. It's not necessarily the best way to lose weight, though.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I am not sure how much fat you want to loose in the long run, but if you are not overly obese, you may get more out of concentrating on gaining the muscle first than loosing fat.

In either case (fat loss or muscle gain) you will need a lot of protein. 1 g of protein per kg of lean body mass seems to be an accepted minimum. Sometimes you need more than this. In either case (fat loss or muscle gain) you will benefit from doing your strong lifts program. At a minimum, your muscle mass will be retained if you do both these things (eat enough protein & lift weights).

Now whether you loose fat or gain muscle depends upon how many calories you eat. If you eat at a slight surplus, you gain muscle. You eat at a slight deficit, you loose fat. You can do one for a while, then switch to the other. This is known as your bulk and cut cycles. You bulk by eating at a slight surplus, then cut by eating at a slight deficit.

To do both at the same time is very hard and very complex. The recomp strategy is the closest thing to that.

read about this girl:
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • InxcN7
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

I'm afraid to tell you what I think of this. I wouldn't want to upset you.

Why? for that reason I'm here.