How to: butt and belly

Options
Ok so I need a little help, I am wanting to build up my butt and tighten up my belly, however I don't know the first thing about exercise. I am looking to be healthy and muscular. I want to fill out my clothes, So can anyone please help?? :'(

Replies

• hanymamdouh
    hanymamdouh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi, you should focus on lifting weights, and do compound movements; they are 5 basic movements that works almost all muscle groups intensively

Squats: primary targets legs, glutes. secondary targets abs and core
    Bench Press: Primary targets chest, triceps, front shoulders. Secondary targets abs
    Barbell Row: Primary targets entire back muslces. Secondary targets biceps and forearms, core, and abs
    Deadlift: Works almost all of your body with less focus on chest and triceps
    Overhead Press: Mainly works your shoulders, abs, upper chest, and little effort on your legs (if you do it standing)

To build the physique you want I highly recommend you StrongLifts 5x5 program. It is built on those 5 basic movements and you will workout only 3 days per week which is fair enough for beginners.

You may add more exercises that targets your butt aside to SL5x5, I do recommend Romanian Deadlifts which great for hamstrings and butt, also you can do glute bridges, hip thrusts and mule kicks.

Regarding to abs and core, don't waste your time doing sit ups if you will do compound movements you can only do Planks daily and your core will enhance very well
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    ^^^ this
  • AshtonM15
    AshtonM15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, you should focus on lifting weights, and do compound movements; they are 5 basic movements that works almost all muscle groups intensively

Bench Press: Primary targets chest, triceps, front shoulders. Secondary targets abs
    Barbell Row: Primary targets entire back muslces. Secondary targets biceps and forearms, core, and abs
    Overhead Press: Mainly works your shoulders, abs, upper chest, and little effort on your legs (if you do it standing)

To build the physique you want I highly recommend you StrongLifts 5x5 program. It is built on those 5 basic movements and you will workout only 3 days per week which is fair enough for beginners.

You may add more exercises that targets your butt aside to SL5x5, I do recommend Romanian Deadlifts which great for hamstrings and butt, also you can do glute bridges, hip thrusts and mule kicks.

Regarding to abs and core, don't waste your time doing sit ups if you will do compound movements you can only do Planks daily and your core will enhance very well

Thank you so much for the help.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Other progressive overload lifting programs:
    Starting strength
    New rules of lifting
    ICF 5x5
    Strong curves (This one is butt focused)