Hello Fellow Weight Improvement Friends

Options
Hello!

I read that tracking your food really helps with fat loss, and so here I am.

I spent until 50 or so at a great, healthy weight, but I was never satisfied. Disciplined, yes, satisfied, no. Now, at 62, I've been overseas since 2004, with a weight gain of OMG 60 pounds.

Gotta lose it at my age. I'd been a good role model for healthy aging for years, and complimented on this by colleagues and friends, but I slipped on the weight issue.

I'd been going to the gym regularly, cardio, but two weeks ago started taking strenuous stretching and yoga classes. Bumping it up.

Grateful that I can do this at my age, and hoping to inspire others. Help or friendship welcome and reciprocated!

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Well done on your progess so far, you're doing great :)
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for encouraging and supportive friends, feel free to add me!
  • winslowh0
    winslowh0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Patriciaberlinerma and all others, I'm 57 and have put on about 20 lbs in the last two years that I am having a hard time shedding. I exercise a lot and generally eat pretty well but I have a hard time controlling myself with my food intake. I was tracking my diet and exercise here for about 6 weeks and lost 2 pounds, which just doesn't cut it. I know I can do this. I lost 60 lbs about 20 years ago and need to get these 20 off and back to my desired weight again. I am hoping that with an online community we can support each other and get to where we want to be. My goal today: Stay within my calorie limit and exercise for 45 minutes to 1 hour. I'll report back here if you guys are ok with that. I pledge honesty and support to you guys however I can here. Best to you all!
  • xlb57
    xlb57 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You've made th choice to do it, so nothing can stop you now! When you hear the little voice telling you to give up, remember why you are doing what you are doing and tell that little guy/ gal where they can shove that advice.