Height - 5ft 2 Inches :)

Options
Has your goal weight changed since you have started dieting. Did you achieve your goal weight and then wanted to lose more weight, or are a bit heavier than you planned but are happy with your body the way it is.

I currently weight 146lbs and when i just started dieting i wanted to get to 133lbs but now i am unsure! I need to work a bit more on toning my belly and reducing the size of my hips.

I look forward to your replies :) Thank you x

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I got to my goal of 120lbs, then decided I wanted to lose more so carried on dieting. I didn't have a goal weight at that point, just decided to keep going until I was happy (or until losing any more weight would have been unhealthy, though I didn't get to that point).
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Clare :)

I'm 5'2 and started out at 157lbs. My goal back then was to get down to 130lbs because it seemed realistic and wasn't too intimidating. I hit 130lbs a couple of weeks ago and I'm really pleased with how I'm looking but I still feel I would be happier losing just a tiny bit more. Once I hit 125, I'm going to see how I feel then.

Overall, the weight side of things became less and less important the leaner I became. I didn't focus so much on the number because I was starting to feel comfortable and happy with myself. I didn't feel so "OH MY GOD, I AM OVERWEIGHT AND IT NEEDS TO COME OFF NOW!". Sure, I have a little bit of wobble here and there and I will get it off, but I'm more focused on my fitness and my body shape now :)

Wishing you the very best of luck! :D
  • Claire8614
    Claire8614 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone :) Keep your replies coming. I am beginning to think that it is not all about the number on the scales it about how you feel and what you see when you look in the mirror!
  • CristalSCarter
    CristalSCarter Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm also about 5'2 with shoes on maybe lol when I started MFP I was about 150lbs but I haven't weighed myself since I started 2 months ago. I set my goal weight at about 122 and changed it idk how many times. I think the number isn't most important but measurements and by judging your body physically. Someone can weigh more but be more lean since muscle weighs more, fat just seems to take up more space.
  • Claire8614
    Claire8614 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Anyone else?
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Shorty here and 63. I've lost 10 lbs so far and set goal for 10 more. That will be 133 and healthy bmi. I wanted a weight that I can maintain.
  • modestguineapig
    modestguineapig Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My first goal was 140lb (started at 160, I am 5'3"). Once I got to 150, 130 seemed doable-and it would be a weight I have never been in my adult life. So that's my goal now. I am currently 144lb.

Question for others- did the last 15lb make a big difference in your body shape/noticeable body fat because you are shorter?
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    4'11 female here currently 116 pounds. Since I started dieting I changed my goal weight too many times changed it to 80lbs, 90lbs 105lbs. Highest weight was 145 pounds. I already got down to 108 pounds after 13 months but gained back 8 pounds this month cus I stopped eating mindlessly but lesson learned for me that even if I'm already close at my goal weight I should still keep up with being mindful of what I eat all the time. Now my goal weight is 100 pounds. Yeah I know I change my goal weight too many times. :-)
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    My first goal was 140lb (started at 160, I am 5'3"). Once I got to 150, 130 seemed doable-and it would be a weight I have never been in my adult life. So that's my goal now. I am currently 144lb.

Question for others- did the last 15lb make a big difference in your body shape/noticeable body fat because you are shorter?

Yes indeed it has! :-D
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi,I'm 5 ft and a bit! ! I started in January and was 164lbs. I'm now 133lbs. Ideally I want to lose 7lbs more but my body won't let it go! Gonna keep in my 1200 calories limit and keep pushing for it. ☺
  • Optimistical1
    Optimistical1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0, started at 152, picked up MFP after a two pound loss and now down to 146. It's much harder losing weight as a petite person. We are allowed fewer calories and burn a lot less than taller people. Best of luck! I would like to see more shorties on my newsfeed so please feel free to add me!
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I am male and 5'3". My starting goal was 140, but as I lose towards this first goal I can see that 130 might be more the goal weight I will be happy at.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 0in and started at 161, now 151 and goal is 123. When I get to goal I will probably want to re-set to 115.
    Being tiny means all weight on and off shows very quickly.
  • haydiz70
    haydiz70 Posts: 56 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm 5' 1.5", so close enough. I began at 180 and I'm 135 now. My goal is 125 but actually I'm pretty happy with my body at 135. It's sure a lot better than 180! I have a muscular build and I think 135 will be easier to maintain long term but we'll see. I'm still aiming for 125 and then I'll make a decision where I should ideally be.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2"/ 46yrs and been maintaining my goal range of 133-135lbs for a few years... I'm happy with my shape and am now working on recomping....I think my frame suits this weight. Its not a one size fits all thing, everyone has differing ideals.
    I'm happy that I fit easily into UK size 10's, sometimes even 8's and I'm in the best shape of my life :smiley:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options

Heck yes! 15lbs for me was 2 dress sizes - and my waist went from 31" to 26.5" / hips from 40 to 35"
  • mlcollins89
    mlcollins89 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My goal weight has changed for sure! I'm 5'2 and have learned over the last year how much muscle affects the scale. My "goal weight" is 135lb (currently 150). However, my larger goal is to have my "skinny jeans" fit again.

I'm less concerned about the scales more so about meeting fitness goals and having my clothes fit.
  • stephaniemarie2
    stephaniemarie2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Love all the 5'2 stats
    I am 5'2 46 years... struggling with even making scale budge these past 3 weeks. I am 158 and 2 years ago was at 129. Loved it!!! My lowest 123. But that might have lasted just a couple of days. I am shooting for 125-130. I was a solid size 2-4. Now, I wear alot of elastic and grow with me clothes. UGHH

• charliejenny
    charliejenny Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just under 5.1 (it pains me to say 5 lol) and goal is 135...its taking forever!!
  • preeJAY
    preeJAY Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, started around 130 lb and aiming for 115 lb.

The actual scale weight number doesn't mean much to me, though, as I am weight training and primarily looking to become leaner by gaining muscle and losing fat. I don't even own a scale :)