LADIES- how do you tone your core/backside?

Options
Right now i am just working on fat loss mostly through clean eating and making a calorie deficit by restricting calories and lots of walking from my waitressing job. That has helped alot to reduce sizr but my ultimate goal is to start toning and building good body composition. I am an endomorph and gain fat and muscle easily so i have been putting off any weight training, especially since i still have a few pounds of fat to shed.
I was thinkinh about a gym membership next month but money is tight so i wanted to know if anyone has a consistent regimen for toning without a bunch of weights and machines. I want to improve posture and muscle so that my fat is distributed better. I feel skinny flabby right now.
If anyone could share their regime with me, tips, what their workout weeks are like, that would be great. Thank you so much!

Replies

• lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yoga. there's many studios that offer Community classes cheap. My studio is a min $5 donation for a community class and they usually have one per day.
  • mlcollins89
    mlcollins89 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into doing home workouts or joining a gym? I'm currently doing the Beachboy T25 program (no weights required) and it gives me a full body workout. The workouts vary from cardio to strength training, using resistance bands. These workouts are 25min a day, 5 days a week, no breaks between exercises (I do active recovery on the off days).

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    There are lots of body weight programs and yoga as mentioned.

This is also a good article that suggests lifting until you see "too much muscle" and then changing up your lifting program until you see just a little less definition:
    http://bretcontreras.com/how-to-attain-a-slender-look-like-jessica-alba-zoe-saldana/

There are lots of paths to take; the biggest factor will be what do you enjoy doing.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Pilates. Look up blogilates. There are workout videos and calendars. Super fun, very effective. More core focused and challenging than most yoga practices you will find for beginners.
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Zumba has been fantastic for my core and aerobic step does lovely things for my thighs and glutes :) Both of these can be done at home -- I step while watching movies.

• naynaytater
    naynaytater Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, and step ups are good starting exercises. I do them weighted, but you can benefit from just doing them with your bodyweight and proper form.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    "Toning" is a myth. Eat at a deficit, build muscle.......genetics will do the rest.
    Your best 4 exercises to build muscle, head to toe.......pushups, squats, lunges, pull ups.