Projected weight loss shock

Options
I'm at a stage in my weight loss where the projected weight at the end of my daily logs says I'll weight less than I have since leaving high school. I'm feeling like it can't be real.. like the projection must be false even though it makes sense.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get over that old-body/current-body disconnected feeling? Other than looking at the numbers when was your moment when you realized "oh hey I'm not as big as I was!" And it really clicked?

Replies

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure when that happens. I've lost 67 pounds and am within a couple pounds of my wedding weight ten years ago. I still feel fat. When I see pictures of myself I think I look so skinny but still don't feel it. For me pictures help as well as trying on clothes from sixty pounds ago but I'm not there yet.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I got over the disconnect a while ago, but I didn't use a scale then, just clothes fit. When I was wearing a smaller size than I did in high school/college, I realized that it was real. It didn't take me long to process, since my goals were all size based and not weight based. I was seeing the results directly reflected by my wardrobe. Very satisfying!

It also helped when I noticed women actually looking at me, and some even flirting. I don't fancy myself as particularly handsome, but it felt nice to be considered at least somewhat attractive. A big turn around from when I started the journey, that is for sure.
  • mcmorrow33
    mcmorrow33 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I still think I look the same but my clothing says otherwisewhich motivates me :) also when I run\ work out I can do so much more :D
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Yes, that disconnect.. our minds tend to "romanticize" the "good old days" including patching together a self-memory or look that probably never was a reality. Losing nearly 100 pounds I find it near impossible to believe I am now the same weight I was in college. I remember myself being slimmer than what shows up in the mirror today. True my body shape must have changed due to age, but not enough to be as dramatic as my brain makes it to be. I keep needing to consciously remind myself that the loss is real. In fact, I remember myself being "thinner" about a year and a half ago when I first lost the fat on the sides of my waist and was fascinated with how muscles move when I walk with hands on my own waist, and I was actually about 30 pounds heavier than I am now.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it - you worked hard to see those predictions. Know that you're doing incredibly well and with a bit of hard work, you can achieve absolutely anything! It'll click soon, I promise - maybe when you try on a pair of jeans you couldn't before fit in to or walking past a shop window and catching your reflection and thinking "Wow.. I look really, really good". Congrats :)
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Pictures of yourself now and trying on clothes in new sizes. Particularly try on clothes in your old size to see how big they are. Then in your current size. Also, take pictures with someone next to you that you have other pictures with. Your mom, husband, etc. And compare to old pictures when you were heavier.
  • katecampisi
    katecampisi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 5kg in the last 4 or so months. All my clothes are loose. Some things I cant wear anymore. I am 1 kg from my 58 kg goal and I still feel fat. I know Ive lost weight by my clothes, and my friends/partner noticing, yet I cant seem to get my head around the fact that I did it! And yes, when fit pal projects my weight at 54.5kg in 5 weeks I cant believe it! I prob last weighed that at 9 years old!
  • masterloafer
    masterloafer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    These are all awesome tips everyone, thank you! And its great to hear everyone's "aha!" Moments! Im hoping it'll click soon.