Getting Up in the Morning

Options
My biggest problem by far is getting up in the morning. I feel like of I could get up earlier I could do more to make myself lose weight.

I work till around 12-1am so I get home late and I try to get up by 10-1030 but I ALWAYS end up sleeping till 1230 (despite multiple alarms). The days I do manage to get up I end up passing put for a nap a 1230.

It's weird though, when my girlfriend is over on the weekends I sleep better. I'm always up by 830-9 and never tired after that.

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Try getting up at the same time every day even the ones you don't work. Don't do it all at once. Try 15 minutes earlier every other day until you get to the time you want.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I need extra sleep when I work out and reduce calories, and I get it. Then I'm well-rested for a good workout instead of slouching my way through a joke of one.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Enough sleep needs to be your FIRST priority. If you are sleeping through alarms you obviously needed the rest.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I plan bike rides, swims, and runs with a group of friends early on weekend days. It motivates me to get up and eat some calories and use the bathroom (lol) and pack my car. Maybe a few friends would motivate you:)
  • julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Quit setting multiple alarms. Sleep until 12:30 and make the most of the rest of your day.
  • joshuakcaron
    joshuakcaron Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    julie2038 wrote: »
    Quit setting multiple alarms. Sleep until 12:30 and make the most of the rest of your day.

But then I have no time to get in a morning workout who is my ultimate goal. I'm sleeping over eight hours a night .
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hate to say it but it sounds like you need 8 hours sleep. I need 6 hours and get up with one alarm. Once a week I sleep in and get 9 hours. If I was sleeping through my alarm clock I'd go to bed earlier. Can you work out when you get home from work at midnight?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Move in with your girlfriend...

Also, put the alarm across the room and don't get out of bed once you get up to turn it off.
  • joshuakcaron
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    Hate to say it but it sounds like you need 8 hours sleep. I need 6 hours and get up with one alarm. Once a week I sleep in and get 9 hours. If I was sleeping through my alarm clock I'd go to bed earlier. Can you work out when you get home from work at midnight?

Yeah I go to a 24 hour gym after work. I am working toward walking to and from work and working out inthe morning.

Also to previous poster we are planning to move in Together but I'm still catching up from college loans so financial no no for us right now.
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    But then I have no time to get in a morning workout who is my ultimate goal. I'm sleeping over eight hours a night .

But it sounds like you aren't getting a morning workout in regardless, so what's the point? Maybe if you dont inturrupt your sleep with multiple alarms you'll sleep better, and wake up before 12:30?
  • joshuakcaron
    Options
    Well come 10:30 I've already usually slept 9-9.5 hours. So I really want to get up by then. Idk maybe trying to get up 15 minutes earlier isslowly might work but I'm trying to do this my October.