Remember the day you said enough is enough?????

Options

Replies

• nll002
    nll002 Posts: 18
    Options
    January of 1999 - I was 220lbs and would get breathless running up the stairs and couldn't believe that 13 steps could make me so winded! It's taken over 11 years, but I hit my goal of losing 60lbs and am now working on my next small goal of losing another 15.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    bump
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    10/31/08
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    November 7, 2010 Couldn't sleep at all - something just clicked and I knew I needed to make some kind of change. I sat awake listening to my ipod and thinking about all of the things I thought I should be doing with my life. I started thinking about the things I couldn't do, how much I used to like to dance, run, play, and just be able to move freely (which I could no longer do at almost 300 pounds). I sat awake all night in the dark planning my change, got up the next morning got my husband and kids off to school. Then I found MFP, went to the grocery store for all of the fresh fruits and vegetables I could get in my cart and came home and went for a 3 mile walk. I have been here every single day since then.
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    Sunday March 6th 2011!! I have to say I will never forget that day!!
  • sanitariumzero
    Options
    4-9-2011. I had went to a doctor's appointment the day before and I weighed 347 pounds. On top of having high blood pressure already I had now added a high cholesterol pill to my repertoire. I had enough at that point. I weighed in today at 309.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    the day i joined mfp 15th jan 2011 at 142 pounds!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    the day i joined mfp 15th jan 2011 at 142 pounds!
  • tarynnnicole
    tarynnnicole Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    mine is just this last saturday... 6/4/11.

i waited all week to go to the farmer's market and buy some fresh herbs and flowers. my mom, husband, and a friend went with me. it was 100 degrees outside, and i MELTED. i mean sweat was dripping off of my face and back. i have never been so embarrassed. i could barely keep up with their leisurely stroll and i was out of breath. i suddenly became so incredibly self-conscious.. i have NEVER felt that low about myself before.

i was wearing exercise clothes (because i cannot fit into my cute summer clothes this year) and everyone else was so stinking cute. i was fighting back tears/ panic attacks when my husband jokingly said to me "the sweat stain on your back looks like Mickey Mouse!' it took all i had not to cry. i wanted to dig a hole and hide.

this is not like me. i have always been so confident and happy. i WILL fix this before i watch any more of my saturdays end up like this. i want to be that beautiful woman i see inside of myself
  • solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    March 30, 2010 I turned the corner. After going to the Olive Garden and eating "The tour of Italy" I was disgusted to find out I consumed 1450 calories 74 grams of fat and 3830 mg of sodium
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    We were making plans for our trip to Utah to visit family and I don't know what happened. I decided I just didn't want to be fat anymore. I missed running and wanted to do that again. I was feed up being 'fat' mom and wife. It was April 23, 2011, the next day I found MFP and the rest is history in the making :drinker:
  • PolyTeine
    PolyTeine Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump for later reading and reply.
  • TanajaP
    TanajaP Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i've had a few "aha mini moments". back in november 2010 my husband had to take me to the er because i thought i was having a heart attack.. umm HELLO I WAS ONLY 22!!! i had an infection in the walls lining my heart. it was scary and i layed there on that bed and i cried and cried because i thought i was going to die. my weight was a huge contribution to the cause. did i let that stop me? NO. i attempted working out, i told my husband this is it, i'm going to change! i'd stick with it for a week, i'd be doing great and then all of a sudden i would stop. i really don't know why i'd stop. i have been battling yeast infections since my son was born. ugh.. can't believe i'm going to say this but, i have had a yeast infection every single month since my son was born.. 2 years ago. my weight is the number 1 reason i can't get rid of them. i just keep feeding the problem. my hair started to fall out and i just didn't/don't look healthy anymore. my husband is fit, he goes to the gym every single day and runs about 4-5 miles a week. i can't believe he's stuck it out with me for this long with all my terrible habits. i found MFP thursday june 2nd. i really don't even know how i found it. once i did i clicked on the success stories and made my way through until i felt an overwhelming feeling of "why can't this be me?!". i signed up and vowed not to tell a soul other than my husband. i'm sure people are tired of hearing me say i'm going to loose weight and i don't need that negativity.

friday morning i logged in for the first time. i have logged all my food since then. i haven't lied even when i made less than ideal choices, which is a big deal for me. i typically lie about what i eat so i don't feel so bad when people see i've gained. i have exercised every day since friday even when it's only been 20 minutes of yoga.

i know things could be worse.. i could have allowed myself to get much bigger than i am. i'm so glad that i found mfp, i'm vowing to make this a permanent change. once this 50 pounds is gone, it's going to stay gone forever. i need this. my husband and my kids deserve a healthy wife/mom!
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    The day for me was May 1, 1997. I was a sophomore in high school and on a field to trip to a theme park to study physics. At 16 years old I weighed 265 lbs, the heaviest I have ever been in my life. My friends didn't want to sit next to me on any rides because the lap bar would rest on my legs and leave a big gap for them. I made them feel unsafe... That was the day I will always remember as the day I realized that I didn't have to live my life like that anymore. I had the power to change it. I graduated high school two years later weighing 180 lbs. and joined the Army.

My weight has fluctuated quite a bit since then but I have never come within 40 lbs of my heaviest. And I am proud to say that on May 1, 2011, 14 years to the day since I said enough was enough, I actually ran a marathon. That is something that obese teenager would never have imagined. I began using MFP on May 2nd as a tool to make sure I wouldn't gain any of the weight back that I had lost during marathon training. Now I am under 200 lbs again and have my 2nd marathon scheduled in December!
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    Truly said enough is enough??

August 2, 2010.

I was at a waterpark for my fiance's birthday and after watching the other girls just hang out and feeling like the fattest one there I had a meltdown that night. I felt not good enough, fat, un confident, ugly...you name something negative I felt it. I cried..and cried..and cried.

I woke up the next morning with a new resolve to end the negative feelings and feeling sorry for myself and do something about how I felt. I haven't looked back.
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    Great stories and topic.

Food was my comfort. At least I thought it was. When I would get upset I would eat. When I would feel bored.....I would eat. You get the picture. On April 10, 2011, I stepped on the scales and was shocked that I had gained to an all time high of 267. I honestly felt ashamed and depressed. Rather than say screw it I am going to eat another box of Ding Dongs to feel better about myself I looked in the mirror profile view and thought what have I done to myself. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH IT STOPS TODAY!
    Then on April 12, 2011, I started MFP. As of last Friday I weighed in at 246 and I am not looking back. I am putting duct tape on the rearview mirror of my past. This is my chance to take charge and make a lifestyle change.

Thanks for the topic and allowing me to post.
  • Palache
    Palache Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Mine was on 12/27/2009 when I looked at the pictures from my sister's wedding! That same day I got on the scale and for the first time I saw the scale read 200+. That was a very sad and scary day for me.

That was in the past!!! I live a healthier and happier life!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    This is gonna be a long one...

My whole family is from Korea. My parents eat homemade Korean food 90% of the time. Unfortunately, during high school, things got really busy and neither of my parents had time to cook, so we'd have the same food every day, same dish or two. I got bored of this very quickly, and turned to fast food. I mean, I've always been pudgy, but this is when I went from 144lbs to almost 170. I think I had McDonald's five days a week... super size (back when they had it). Plus the school cafeteria junkfood. Yep.

To make matters worse, college happened, along with freshman 15, putting me at 180-ish. Even after college, I kept gaining steadily over the next few years until I peaked at 186. All this time, I never really cared about it because I was a confident girl. I was happy with my life; I didn't let my weight drag me down. I'd see so many girls get so unhappy with, or even resentful at, themselves because of their weight/ looks, and I was proud of myself for not being that way.

Confidence is invaluable... but without wisdom, it can be dangerous.

This year, I finally realized that I could be even HAPPIER if I were to become healthy. I could enjoy my life even MORE, and become MORE productive by becoming a healthy person. Plus, I met a little girl who weighed around 55lbs... And I was like, 'wow, I have to lose HER to be in shape?' I was even more overweight than I thought I was!

So that's why I'm here. I started counting calories and working out on April 11th, and been very happy with my new lifestyle so far. Even though I hope to reach my goal weight sooner than later, I will gladly stay on this path for the rest of my life.

EDIT: forgot to mention the reason I brought up my family being Korean. For years, my parents were trying to get me to eat homemade Korean food for weight loss/ health. But I just couldn't do it. I was wed to Western food. But I learned there were many healthy, delicious Western food as well!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Mine was late last year when I my dress arrived and I tried it on for the first time since the store and it was way too tight. I cried a little that day. It took me a few motnhs, but I finally found MFP and the weight started coming off. In my first dress fitting I cried again, but this time because the dress was too big. I was so happy and still am. It's nice to have jeans that fit comfortably again and make me feel sexy.
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    1/11/2011 -- when my doctor said I had PCOS and was borderline diabetic

Life changing it was... 35.3lbs gone since that date!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!