dinner

Options
I have a hard time with healthy recipes for dinner (for 2 people) I'm new to my weight loss journey can anyone help please

Replies

• jasper186
    jasper186 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Try grilled or baked salmon or chicken breast, steamed veggies, baked sweet potatoes, veggie stir fry, etc etc. Basically if it comes prepackaged, don't eat it and stay away from sauces they are extra calories for nothing.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I make what I've always made but started weighing portions to keep my calories in check. Made all the difference in losing and maintenance.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    jasper186 wrote: »
    Try grilled or baked salmon or chicken breast, steamed veggies, baked sweet potatoes, veggie stir fry, etc etc. Basically if it comes prepackaged, don't eat it and stay away from sauces they are extra calories for nothing.

This ^^^ Plus have half your plate veg, a quarter meat/fish and a quarter potatoes/pasta. And cook without fat or oil.
  • babygjosie1228
    babygjosie1228 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Thank you all so much :)
  • kami3006
    Options
    Any lean meats, vegetables are filling , use healthy fats but watch the calories. As rugratz said, filling half your plate with vegetables works well.
    Don't over restrict so you feel the need to compensate later. Make small changes to start.
    On my phone so this is short. I hate texting.
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    jasper186 wrote: »

This ^^^ Plus have half your plate veg, a quarter meat/fish and a quarter potatoes/pasta. And cook without fat or oil.

yep. keep it simple. i think cooking spray is okay though. i use butter flavored for a bit of taste, plus different spices and sauces when i want to mix it up. curry, bbq, whatever... but watch the sodium with some of the sauces.
  • babygjosie1228
    babygjosie1228 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to eat veggies I like green beans and carrots but that's about it lol and I love to snack that's a big problem but I just stopped drinking soda
  • kami3006
    Options
    It's hard for me to eat veggies I like green beans and carrots but that's about it lol and I love to snack that's a big problem but I just stopped drinking soda

Nutrition aside. Losing weight comes down to a deficit. Using a food scale, at least long enough to understand what actual portions are, is an easy way to work your foods into your calorie allowance and start weight loss. The stickies at the top of the dieting section give some great information on this.

You can also eat what you have been, while watching those portions, and gradually filter in more nutritious choices. Better meats, better fats, the vegetables you do like and trying new ways to cook the ones you may not. It's a learning process for everyone. There are also some great thread in the recipes forum about working with vegetables when you don't care for many. You'll just have to use the search option.

As far as snacking, you can work those into your calorie allowance too. Pre-logging helps a lot as does finding more filling (high protein) options.

• rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options

Your palate can be trained to like different foods, it changes over the years by itself anyway. But, after the 10th time trying something your mind starts telling your palate that you like this, so you start enjoying it - the trick is to keep eating new things, even if it's only a mouthful at a time. Just because you didn't like things as a child doesn't mean you won't like them now.
  • shondaj70
    shondaj70 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This was really simple and for 2 people. Sweet chili glazed baked salmon and balsamic vinegar sautéed green beans.wv60anxhwway.jpg
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    There are a few good websites you can find recipes on. I like Allrecipes, and cookinglight.com. If you want to try, say, a "light" version of something, just google it. My hubby has found awesome recipes online, for instance, Healthy Beef Stew, a new chili recipe made with ground chicken (best chili I've ever had!), and a great baked tilapia recipe using just spices. I found a good spice rub for pork tenderloin, and a ton of healthy lunch ideas. The internet is your friend for recipes!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    My friend lost weight eating hamburger helper. She just weighed it and watched her portions.