Show this to your husband / partner

Options

Replies

• triciawebb78
    triciawebb78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! It is so true, but it goes both ways! SO's/ Spouses/ family...we all need to support each other! WTG!
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I have to say my husband has been extremely supportive from day one on this, and that day one was many years ago. Even though he is currently on the other side of the world and can't see any progress or go on walks with me or anything. He still asks how its going and celebrates all my tiny little victories and gives his thoughts on whats going on. I really couldn't ask for a better supporter in my life.
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My husband supports me 100% in my weight loss journey. He never complains about what I cook or what we eat. He is always willing to go the extra mile for me. But I wish as well as supporting me, he would also join me in this. I worry about his health. Any tips on how to get him to start? But you are absolutely correct it's so important for spouses to be supportive. It makes this journey a lot more enjoyable.
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    great post.
  • LesmillsJunkie
    Options
    Well said! Thank you! However this goes for some of the women also! I was slow to support my husband on his journey and even slower to join him. I paid the price for that, hopefully I can make up for it now :)
  • bigmomma84
    bigmomma84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love this!!! Great words of advice! I am prould to say that when i decided to start shedding some pounds, my great husband did too. And i especially love him for the fact that even though he looses more easily then i do, he always says that his loss is less then mine. although numbers would say differently. he is very encouraging, supportive, and makes me feel oh so good!
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    love this! thank you!
    printing this, and putting it on the fridge!
  • shinypinkpolish
    Options
    This is awesome! Even though my husband is a great supporter it was interesting to see anothers point of view on this!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Love! My boyfriend is on MFP too and we do this together. He just isn't much for social networking. We got chubby together, and now we are getting fit together. We still love food and do everything together, we just added something new to the list. Also, he always thought I was hot, even with the extra meat, but since I wanted this....he joined in!
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My husband always told me weight gain comes with age. Well, I refuse to accept that. I am exercising and eating healthy and the the weight is coming off. Slowly but coming off. He has been talking about losing wieght for some time now but just never followed through. He thinks that the less you eat the more you lose. Wrong. He preferred to do it his way which he finally realized wasn't working.. So now my husband has joined me with weight loss. I have always worked out at home but he wanted me to join a gym with him because he doesn't want to work out at home. So we joined last week. He seems to be motivated now. Wow!! I am so glad he wants to get healthy and lose the lbs he has been talking about for the last 3 years. I knew I couldn't keep pushing him. It is something he needed to want to do for himself.
    We can now support each other even more. It gives us another way to spend time together and get healthy.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    preach it!! i like you!
  • shannonpatton
    shannonpatton Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Amen!! Thanks for posting :)
  • cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Awww thank you so much for this!! It's nice to know that a man realizes this!!! :bigsmile:
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR POSTING!
  • 11jess11
    11jess11 Posts: 24
    Options
    bump for wen hubby gets home :smile:
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Definitely sharing this with my husband!

He encourages me, then turns around and asks if I want some Chinese or pizza! But he does try, and I love him for it! :heart:
  • KathreneW
    KathreneW Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love this! :)
  • scooby1298
    scooby1298 Posts: 18
    Options
    From a blokes perspective, I am being supported in everything I do by my wonderfull wife of 30+ years. Whilst she may not be out there with me exercising at the early hours of dawn etc. She is my dietician and chef, as well as being a brilliant friend and partner. Without her I truly would be lost

Since my cardiac surgery, and my second chance at life, all I can say is live life for today, and enjoy it which ever way you can, make sure you do what you can now and try not to put things off till tomorrow, as one day it will not come and then it will have been too late.

Thanks to Jeff for helping me say what I think needs to be said,
    :drinker: :happy: :wink: :wink: :smile:
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Very well said!
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    Well said but made me sad too

why sad?