Late night "hunger"...

Options
Apparently my bed makes me hungry because my stomach starts legit growling when I lay down. I didn't make the best choice for lunch today so I don't have but 30 calories left for the day (which I didn't intend on using). My question is....what's some of your favorite quick snack ideas to quench that late nite hunger that is small and extremely low calorie other than drinking water....if any exist?

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Sleeping.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I usually grab some string cheese when I just need something in my stomach before bed.
  • mlcollins89
    mlcollins89 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Usually I'll go for a bit of yogurt, nubbin of cheese. I try not to eat much. I find that if I eat before going to bed I wake up with a belly ache, yet incredibly hungry.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Anything with protein in it (cheese and yogurt, as people have said). Fresh cherries in season are also good for helping you sleep.

When I'm having one of my hungry weeks (heh), I cook up a variation on a stone soup. Mushrooms, lentils, pasta, spinach, spices, chicken broth, stir. I get a lot of food (8 servings!) for not a lot of calories (400 cal/serving), and I stay full *forever*. I ate it for lunch once by itself around 11:00 and I wasn't hungry at all until 7:00 PM. Good stuff.
  • laureninchina
    laureninchina Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, tea, or even a vegetable or fruit is okay because they're quite low in calories. I'll usually have a lot of water and maybe a banana if I'm really really hungry because it's quite filling.