lose 20 pounds by new years

Options

Replies

• 4987hamm
    4987hamm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    saitiffeh wrote: »
    Okay, I'm gonna do this. Which means that tomorrow morning I have to get on the scale. I am terrified! I know it's going to be so much worse than I expect.

This is my second time around, I lost a lot of weight but put a lot back on... gotta do better this time!

Don't worry about what it says now! We're going forward :)
    Step on that scale with a, "b*tch, I'll never see you again" attitude!
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    If I might join late? My weight September 6 was 175. This morning - 167. Thanks if you can add me. If not, I understand. :)

• Lajoiefamily5
    Lajoiefamily5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in even though we are more than half way through September. I lost a bunch of weight and then gained it back. So this is one way to hold me accountable. So here it goes:

SW is 224.4

With that being said I usually weigh in on Sunday so I will post then. Thanks a bunch I need some sort of motivation.
  • karenlwashburn
    karenlwashburn Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm in.. my weight is up and down. I stopped weighing myself when I was around 147 or so.. my goal is around 130-135 depending on how I look. I'm older so I'm staying flexible with the amount.
  • rilmarie999
    rilmarie999 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in trying to hit 140 by my 40th birthday right before the new year. I'm at 155 today (from 163) and 5'6". After having three kids those extra pounds show more than they used to! Motivation and weekly weigh in's sound great!
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm in .!! :p I'm at 186lbs. My goal is to be 160lbs
  • mzgordita
    mzgordita Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm newly back on mfp, trying to get healthy and stick with it. I know this has been started previously, but I think this motivation and support is amazing. Anyway I'd love to be a part of it!! Add me if you'd like!

Sw: 243
    Cw: 241
  • kimberlynicole79
    kimberlynicole79 Posts: 52 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi all! This morning I'm at 166 and would love to be down 20lbs by NY. I'm doing some dietbets for motivation and so far it's working! The first one I signed up for was for 100 and I definitely want that back so I actually already hit my goal as long as I keep it off. Damn water weight and PMs haha! another one just started if anyone is interested in joining its called Werth it and working for it. Here is the link http://diet.bt/iEgZ04 or you can just go to dietbet.com and search for any diet bets. There is a ton!
  • saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about what it says now! We're going forward :)
    Step on that scale with a, "b*tch, I'll never see you again" attitude!

I did it :) Not as bad as I expected! It was 204. I expected at least 215. I consider that a win already!

• chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm late but I'm in this! Am currently 195 down from 245! Sounds impressive but this has taken me two years lol
  • Lynzdee18
    Options
    chel325 wrote: »
    I'm late but I'm in this! Am currently 195 down from 245! Sounds impressive but this has taken me two years lol

Definitely a result to be proud of! 50 pounds is a great loss in two years. It IS impressive. Please don't take away from your success! :)

• chel325
    Options
    Lynzdee18 wrote: »

Definitely a result to be proud of! 50 pounds is a great loss in two years. It IS impressive. Please don't take away from your success! :)

Aww thanks, I just said that cause I know a lot of people get 50 faster and it's taken me a while cause I have been stalling. One good thing is I never have gone back up! I just kinda get stuck and maintain
  • chissnazura
    chissnazura Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    Currently 168
    Goal 150 (but I'll take 148
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    chel325 my diet group ran by the health unit figures a healthy loss is rate is 7 to 15 percent of your body weight per year. so you are fine they also think 1 or two pounds a week is best to lose for maintance after
  • chel325
    Options
    chel325 my diet group ran by the health unit figures a healthy loss is rate is 7 to 15 percent of your body weight per year. so you are fine they also think 1 or two pounds a week is best to lose for maintance after
    That makes me feel better! I guess what throws me off is how non linear I lose weight, it's like in spurts, not 1 pound a week but no pounds till 3 months then it's 15 in a few days.
  • Lynzdee18
    Options
    That makes me feel better! I guess what throws me off is how non linear I lose weight, it's like in spurts, not 1 pound a week but no pounds till 3 months then it's 15 in a few days.

Just a thought.... I installed an app on my android tablet called Libra. Its function is to take the weight losses (and gains) you enter and extrapolate them in a trend. It tracks the % of your weight loss and projects your timeline if you enter a goal weight. Another graph highlights BMI and you can track that as well.

I think it will just be another tool to motivate me. Even though I KNOW I shouldn't, I weight too frequently. This helps with the lack of movement on the scale and the blimps of water gain etc.
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    4.2 pounds this week drinking lots of tea and water to flush fluids
  • MargaretLunan
    Options
    thats roughly 5 pounds in sept. lost but unsure because i bought new scales and they weigh differant than the old ones
  • lindamae52
    lindamae52 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    SW-283.6
    CW-281
    GW for new years 263.6
    Down 2.6 and 17.4 more to go.
  • lindamae52
    lindamae52 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    lindamae52 wrote: »
    SW-283.6