Cottage cheese...?

Options
How do you guys eat it? :P I have a whole bunch and I don't think I could eat it plain!
I was wondering if you guys had some suggestions?

I know some people use it instead of yogurt but.. :P

Replies

• Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I top it with dried oregano, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. I sometimes also add some sunflower seeds.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Good question i just picked up some myself. i have only had it on crackers one time when i was following some fade diet. My fiance eats it plain though. i wanted to start eating it but i like to enjoy my food at the same time.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    im the black sheep, i love it plain...you can always add some fuit to it....pineapple, peaches, mandarin slices....????
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I <3 cottage cheese. . I will slice up tomatos and plop some on with some pepper and/or dressing, or add it to my salads, can eat it on cucumbers or even pears :)
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm weird, I LOVE cottage cheese! I eat it plain, with fruit, on my salad, as a dip for crackers, on my baked potatoes or sweet potatoes...LOVE IT! :)
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    if i am eating it for breakfast then i will have it with fruit, usually cantaloupe or pineapple. tomorrow, i am having it with papaya. otherwise, ill just have it plain. i dont mind it either way.
  • ChitownFoodie
    Options
    if i am eating it for breakfast then i will have it with fruit, usually cantaloupe or pineapple. tomorrow, i am having it with papaya. otherwise, ill just have it plain. i dont mind it either way.

Sorry, it posted twice
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    I mix it with Chobani greek yogurt (flavored) and fresh fruit. I typically mix 1/4 - 1/2 a cup of cottage cheese with half of a single serving container of yogurt and about half a cup of fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, etc.).
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I like it plain too, but I will never understand why people buy something they don't like, hoping to find a way to doctor it so that they'll like it.

Then again, my DH doesn't like it plain, but does like it with pineapple, which I can't stand, so there's always the "to each their own" element.

I like cottage cheese as a dip for pita chips or crackers too (the salty/sweet effect), but can't stand fruit mixed into it at all.
  • thinkthin1234
    Options
    chopped green onion, tomatoes (gutted, I hate the runny seeds etc) and cracked black pepper is my go to dish. I also LOVE it on top of a baked potato! I don't really care for it with fruit, however I know lots of people do.
  • ChitownFoodie
    Options
    I guess I'm weird, I LOVE cottage cheese! I eat it plain, with fruit, on my salad, as a dip for crackers, on my baked potatoes or sweet potatoes...LOVE IT! :)

Ok, I thought I was the only one that stuck it in their salads! yay!
  • oct1girl
    oct1girl Posts: 2
    Options
    It's very good with low fat applesauce mixed in :happy:
  • trouserchili
    Options
    CC lover here. I usually top mine with either chunky salsa or some tabouli.
  • MartaKeller
    Options
    You can cut apples, microwave them for two minutes, mix 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, a little vanilla extract and sprinkle cinnamon on top..mix it all together, put in fridge overnight and in the morning you have a nice healthy breakfast that taste like cheese apple danish..
  • allywilkes
    allywilkes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love it plain! It's such a good snack on Ryvita. I often have this as a pre-gym light meal.

You can also stir it into warm pasta with a little black pepper, lemon juice, maybe some wilted spinach... delicious.

It also makes a good lower-calorie alternative in lasagna. For example, I often make the Pioneer Woman's lasagna (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/the_best_lasagn/) with super low fat cottage cheese and low fat mozzarella. They melt and give the right texture without all the fat.
  • MastrStew
    MastrStew Posts: 2
    Options
    I love it plain myself, but I also enjoy it with a slice of pineapple or two on top!
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I like it plain too, but I will never understand why people buy something they don't like, hoping to find a way to doctor it so that they'll like it.

Then again, my DH doesn't like it plain, but does like it with pineapple, which I can't stand, so there's always the "to each their own" element.

I like cottage cheese as a dip for pita chips or crackers too (the salty/sweet effect), but can't stand fruit mixed into it at all.

WOW. Well, when I said I didn't think I couldn't eat it plain I meant the whole container because I do like it plain sometimes. Some people buy things to try them and realize they don't like it plain so they ask for suggestions on how to doctor it up.
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Options
    It's very good with low fat applesauce mixed in :happy:

Mmm, I love apple sauce(:
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Options
    You can cut apples, microwave them for two minutes, mix 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, a little vanilla extract and sprinkle cinnamon on top..mix it all together, put in fridge overnight and in the morning you have a nice healthy breakfast that taste like cheese apple danish..

Wow, that sounds amazing(:
  • nanna7400
    nanna7400 Posts: 9
    Options
    mixed some thin sliced green onions and a little salt and pepper use as a side yum!