What do you eat!!!

Options
whats a list of thing you eat regularly to help you stay fit and healthy???

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Whatever I feel like that fits within my calorie alotment for the day...
    Typical day for me:

Breakfast: Greek yogurt and coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Leftovers from previous nights dinner or if I don't have any, a frozen meal with a salad from the work cafeteria
    Afternoon snack of another greek yogurt or a Kind Bar
    Dinner is usually a protein (grilled chicken, pork tenderloin, salmon), a starch (rice or noodles), and a vegetable

After dinner - wine and maybe ice cream or some dark chocolate
  • advisingwench
    advisingwench Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    • Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with berries
    • chicken breast (lots of chicken breast)
    • ground turkey mixed with salsa - frozen in individual servings for grab & go ease
    • frozen veggies - so easy to dump into a container of chicken for lunch at work
    • whole eggs & egg white in a carton
    • baby carrots - my go-to "OMG I MUST EAT ALL THE THINGS" snack
    • Quest bars
    • casein powder (makes a better mug muffin than whey and mixes nicely with yogurt)
  • DonnaJones7
    DonnaJones7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of vegetables - as it's getting to be Fall, I bake acorn squash and butternut squash and eat LOTS. No toppings needed. I eat spinach in my eggs in the morning, then have grilled chicken over a spinach salad. I try to keep both raw veggies for snacking and lots of easy-to-microwave frozen vegetables. I love the mixed vegetables, green beans, and carrots. Fruit is good too. I love bananas - either fresh or frozen.
    Protein is the only thing that keeps me full - hamburgers, shrimp, tuna fish, chicken. But vegetables let me eat LOTS of food which I still think I "need". Not sure if it's just habit or what, but when I see that I can eat a FULL plate or two of food, I'm much happier. Fruit is a nice dessert.
    Now, if I could just stop the late night snacking!
  • shondaj70
    shondaj70 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    breakfast - oatmeal with unrefined coconut oil
    snack - celery sticks with almond butter or caramel almond sea salt kind bar
    lunch - pouch of salmon with boiled egg with broccoli, carrots and tomatoes all with a lime squeezed over it
    snack - almonds/walnuts and string cheese
    dinner - protein and a veggie
    and water, water and more water!
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Typical:

breakfast- overnight oats
    mid morning snack- coffee with creamer
    lunch- salad with tuna or beans (pescatarian)
    dinner- rice, tons of veggies, and some sort of protein-- faux meat, real fish, etc.
    late snack- weight watchers ice cream!

I also drink 100 oz of water each day and one bottle of flavored sparkling water
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

My shopping list usually looks like this:
    eggs
    Greek yogurt
    carrot sticks
    whatever fresh fruits & veggies I find on sale
    string cheese
    coffee creamer
    2% milk
    coffee
    whatever meat I find on sale
    protein bars
    maybe peanut butter if it's on sale
    coffee
    decaf tea bags (I like the rooibos red tea)
    lunch meat - whatever strikes my fancy that week (and is on sale)
    ice cream
    whatever frozen veggies I find on sale
    bread (when I'm cutting calories I go for sandwich thins, flatbreads, or pita pockets usually)
    nuts of some kind (again, I like what's on sale)
    maybe some hummus
    iced tea or snapple
    cat food (that's not for me)

My meals look like this:
    Breakfast:
    Greek yogurt or eggs and coffee with milk and creamer. I might add things like nuts, veggies, fruit, a slice of toast, etc.

Lunch:
    a sandwich with an ounce of nuts, string cheese, and baby carrots on the side.

Afternoon snack:
    protein bar usually with a bottle of iced tea, diet soda, or diet snapple.

Dinner:
    Some kind of meat veggie combo. It really depends on what's in the fridge.

Evening snacks:
    ice cream - one serving as weighed on a scale
    string cheese, Greek yogurt, hummus & veggies, or nuts as my calories allow
    a cup or two of decaf tea once my calories run out

Eat foods that you like in portion sizes that fit your goals.

Get plenty of fats & protein for healthy and satiety.

Get plenty of fruits & veggies for the micronutrients.

Fill in the rest of your calories with carbs, sweets, and treats as you see fit.

Personally, I think it's helpful to figure out your own meal plan. That way you can customize it to what you like best, you can eat when it works best with your schedule, and you'll be developing great habits that will help you once you reach your goals and transition to maintenance.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Mostly fruits, veggies, whole grain breads and lean, white meats....tuna, tofu, occasional peanuts.
  • emmacken
    emmacken Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Chia pudding or instant breakfast with almond milk (I don't like dairy milk) during the week or eggs, bacon, and fruit on the weekend.
    Lunch: Soup and greek yogurt or leftovers. I might add a fiber one bar if my soup is super low calorie or I want something sweet at the end.
    Snacks: Coffee, water, tea. Deli meat slices, bowl of cereal with almond milk, yogurt, pretzels, nuts.
    Dinner: Usually something homemade. I try to get protein and veggies in with each dinner and there's sometimes a grain of some sort whether it be pasta, rice, or bread.
    Dessert: Ice cream bar or avocado chocolate pudding.

I also have beer almost every night and I go out to trivia night at a great tavern with the family once a week where we share a couple baskets of waffle fries and I try some craft beers. I just make sure I have a high protein meal, like bacon and eggs, before I go. I find I eat less fries that way.

This is all what currently works best for me though. It took me some time to figure all this out and it is still not perfect, but it is better than the past where I wasn't concerned with my eating habits.
  • meraki78
    meraki78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    8fi5bm19guzt.jpeg

1/2 cup Light and Fit Vanilla yogurt - 55 calories
    1/8 cup fresh blueberries - 9 calories
    1/8 cup fresh red raspberries - 7 calories
    YUM!! - 71 calories

• echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Food, glorious food.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Food, a bit of everything. Variety and moderation makes it all good and healthy. Sometimes I eat food substitutes but that doesn't make them unhealthy.

• exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Anything I want within calorie goals, however having said that I try to eat my fiber, choose more vegetables than meat on my plate, drink my water, avoid processed foods and control my snacking by planning portions ahead of time.

Favorite choices to keep me on the path are: chicken, tilapia, shrimp, salmon, lean ground turkey, farm fresh eggs, really good pasta (just 2 oz dry at a time), Fiber One Multigrain Bread, mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, avacados, carrots, garden and snap peas, green beans, fresh spinach, hearts of romaine, yellow vidalia onions, garbanzo beans, red potatoes, bing cherries, grapes, strawberries, lite string cheese (for compulsive food grabbing control), Vic's lite 1/2 salt popcorn for snacking. Good journey to you!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I eat some food from every food group every day, and I like most foods. A list? You're going to regret that :D

Fresh/fridge: pomelo, apples, pears, oranges, melon, mango, pineapple, plums, passion fruit, lychee, pomegranate, apricots, physalis, loquats, longans, rambutan, grapes, lime, figs, mangostan, cherries, tangerines, broccoli, cauliflower, beets, carrots, cucumber, rutabaga, kohlrabi, romanesco, romaine lettuce, onions, garlic, chili, potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash (zucchini), peppers, artichokes, celeriac, celery, mushrooms, corn, parsnips, butternut squash, liver pate, salami, caviar, whole milk, yogurt, greek yoghurt, semi-hard cheese, cream cheese, brie, blue cheese, parmesan, butter, mayo, pickles, lime curd, eggs, smoked salmon, mackerel, trout and herring, pickled herring, cold cuts, oysters, shrimp.

Frozen: strawberries, blueberries, banana, green peas, green beans, mushrooms, spinach, edamame, pork chops, lamb chops, beef chops, minced beef and lamb, chicken thighs or wings, salmon filets, smoked trout, surimi, sliced bread, diced bacon.

Dry/tinned goods: crispbread, beans and lentils, passata, herring, mackerel, tuna, sardines, jasmine rice, arborio rice, barley, spaghetti, pasta shapes, rice noodles, polenta, semolina, oatmeal, millet, tapoica, cocoa, coffee, tea, sugar, salt, pepper, ketchup, mustard, sauces, spices, lemon and lime juice, olive and sunflower oil, balsamic and apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, honey, maple syrup, sesame seeds, pine nuts, almonds, pecans, walnuts, brazil nuts, peanuts, pistachios, peanut butter, cashew butter, hazelnut butter, almond butter, biscuits, beef jerky, dates, raisins, dried apricots, canned fruit, coconut milk, canned vegetables.
  • Ladybug_1794
    Ladybug_1794 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I eat some food from every food group every day, and I like most foods. A list? You're going to regret that :D

Fresh/fridge: pomelo, apples, pears, oranges, melon, mango, pineapple, plums, passion fruit, lychee, pomegranate, apricots, physalis, loquats, longans, rambutan, grapes, lime, figs, mangostan, cherries, tangerines, broccoli, cauliflower, beets, carrots, cucumber, rutabaga, kohlrabi, romanesco, romaine lettuce, onions, garlic, chili, potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash (zucchini), peppers, artichokes, celeriac, celery, mushrooms, corn, parsnips, butternut squash, liver pate, salami, caviar, whole milk, yogurt, greek yoghurt, semi-hard cheese, cream cheese, brie, blue cheese, parmesan, butter, mayo, pickles, lime curd, eggs, smoked salmon, mackerel, trout and herring, pickled herring, cold cuts, oysters, shrimp.

Frozen: strawberries, blueberries, banana, green peas, green beans, mushrooms, spinach, edamame, pork chops, lamb chops, beef chops, minced beef and lamb, chicken thighs or wings, salmon filets, smoked trout, surimi, sliced bread, diced bacon.

Dry/tinned goods: crispbread, beans and lentils, passata, herring, mackerel, tuna, sardines, jasmine rice, arborio rice, barley, spaghetti, pasta shapes, rice noodles, polenta, semolina, oatmeal, millet, tapoica, cocoa, coffee, tea, sugar, salt, pepper, ketchup, mustard, sauces, spices, lemon and lime juice, olive and sunflower oil, balsamic and apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, honey, maple syrup, sesame seeds, pine nuts, almonds, pecans, walnuts, brazil nuts, peanuts, pistachios, peanut butter, cashew butter, hazelnut butter, almond butter, biscuits, beef jerky, dates, raisins, dried apricots, canned fruit, coconut milk, canned vegetables.

Lol love this list. Gives me some options to try that I've never tried yet!
    Thank your
  • Ladybug_1794
    Ladybug_1794 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So I see a lot of people drink coffee and Greek yogurt?? What does coffee do for you?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    So I see a lot of people drink coffee and Greek yogurt?? What does coffee do for you?

Well, I think I eat yogurt, - and the Greek style is even thicker than the ordinary kind - usually mixed with nut butter or nuts and a sweetener.

Coffee (and tea) is hot, tasty and has no calories. So it provides warmth, taste, and no threat of weight gain :p
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

I drink coffee because I like it and it keeps me from being a terrible person first thing in the morning. Nothing to do with my weight loss.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

Protein, fruits, vegetables, grains, fats... I eat regular food.
    I do try not to exceed the sodium goal by too much and prepare a lot of food at home.
    Beans, lentils, beef, chicken, yogurt, pasta, rice, potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, carrots, fruit, full fat cheese, broccoli, zucchini, ham, eggs, regular butter, whole wheat bread, peanut butter, popcorn, granola bars, chocolate, olives, pickles, soups/stews, oatmeal, water, unsweetened tea...
  • rhianna818
    rhianna818 Posts: 85 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    B: eggs, low cal bread for toast w/ zero cal spray butter and ultra thin cheese slice, that way I can have my fav egg sandwich for breakfast w/o eating 600 calories. Or I have instant oatmeal.
    L: Usually leftovers from dinner, but I also keep low cal soup in my desk at work. Chipolte is within walking distance and I go there once a week as long as I don't get sour cream or guac I stay under 600 cals.
    D : I eat whatever I feel like cooking, just weigh it out and track it. Spaghetti, meatball subs, taco "chili", texmex ravioli. I just use ground turkey instead of beef, no cream sauces unless its fat free cream of mushroom soup, to make chicken.
    S: Fruit, applesauce, fruit snacks, nuts, 100 cal packs, yogurt, fun size chocolate/candies, low fat ice cream bars, or reg ice cream now and then.

For me I have found that I try to find low cal options like w/ my breakfast, so that I can still enjoy my fav foods. But I don't restrict any particular food completely. Like I enjoy fried chicken strips from a local chain, I went on Saturday and got a snack combo. If I tried to eat only "diet" food I wouldn't be able to maintain this lifestyle and I'd never reach my goal of losing over 100lbs.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    My regulars include:

Oats
    Grilled chicken
    Spinach (in the form of a salad, with tomatoes, etc.)
    Olive oil
    Greek yogurt
    Almonds
    Sweet potatoes
    Whey protein
    Protein bars
    Quinoa
    Eggs

I eat most of those things a minimum of four times a week.