Replies

• pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Here we go again...

mass = density x volume
    Further...
    weight = mass x gravity

Since gravity on Earth is a relative constant we can say that the density AND volume of a substance are used to determine its weight.

Volume is a key part in determining the weight of a substance so you can't just ignore it. However, if we also make volume a constant, as in 1 cup, the only variable left is density. Since it is established that muscle is more dense than fat we have proven that muscle does indeed weigh more than fat.

Case closed.
    lol, that's way too complicated. If someone if proposing that the statement "muscle weighs more than fat" is incorrect based on the predicate that 1 lb. of A = 1 lb of B, they've already missed the point and your proof is going to fall on deaf ears.
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Here we go again...

mass = density x volume
    Further...
    weight = mass x gravity

Since gravity on Earth is a relative constant we can say that the density AND volume of a substance are used to determine its weight.

Volume is a key part in determining the weight of a substance so you can't just ignore it. However, if we also make volume a constant, as in 1 cup, the only variable left is density. Since it is established that muscle is more dense than fat we have proven that muscle does indeed weigh more than fat.

Case closed.
    lol, that's way too complicated. If someone if proposing that the statement "muscle weighs more than fat" is incorrect based on the predicate that 1 lb. of A = 1 lb of B, they've already missed the point and your proof is going to fall on deaf ears.

I agree. Waste of time.
  • Chuckw40
    Chuckw40 Posts: 201
    Options
    Here we go again...

mass = density x volume
    Further...
    weight = mass x gravity

Case closed.

I agree. Waste of time.

LoL, I'm sure you're right.
  • korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options

I also hate "I Gained a pound this week!!" Answer "you probably gained muscle"

I doubt it, you more likley retained some water in you muscles due to a different work out.

Amen!!! SO few people seem to know or understand this, especially when someone just starts an exercise routine!

I can back this up with experience!

Have you ever been sore and a couple of days later your peeing like a water fountain but you haven't drank much? :-)
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yes it does. I keep reading people on MFP say it, so it must be true. :wink:
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yes it does. I keep reading people on MFP say it, so it must be true. :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: