Replies

• JackCork10
    JackCork10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Click the add button!
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and started at 212. My goal weight is 138 because that was the top of a healthy bmi for me. The smallest I've ever been as an adult is 135 and I remember that being hard to maintain but I know more now than I knew then about maintenance. Anyway, I'm currently 145 so only 7 lbs away and I feel fantastic. When I see pictures of myself I'm shocked at how skinny I look. But I'm continuing on to my goal weight and then I may possibly change my settings to lose 1/2 lb a week and see how that goes. It's hard for me to imagine being smaller than 130 and I don't know how easily I could maintain it, but it's been easier to get to this point than I thought it would so maybe it's doable for me!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    This is a really interesting post. I've commented a little further up (I think!) but it's good to see other people my height and interesting to see the weight ranges. I started at 157 and I'm currently sitting at 126. I'm feeling fantastic but a little disheartened when I see that women of the same height don't feel comfortable at my weight and instead aim for 100. Just the thought of losing another 26 lbs makes me want to cry, Haha :(

Having said that, we are different shapes and sizes regardless and I looked in the mirror today at the gym and thought "Wow, I'm actually looking really good now". I'm going to enter maintenance at 120. But I'm definitely at a point of acceptance with my body which I'm feeling good about! :)
  • redwingsfan6712
    redwingsfan6712 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'. My goal weight was 130 then 125 and I think I'll change it again once I hit that. I'm currently at 168, but started at 180 a couple of weeks ago. I think it'll be more of a "how I feel" thing once I get close to 125 and see if I'm happy there or if I decide I need to keep going and lose more. I know my "ideal" weight is like 95-114lbs but honestly, my oversize chest won't allow me to be that small again. It doesn't matter what my weight is, the DDs stay...UGH
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10 For me its more about how I look and feel vs the scale... although I still have plenty of 'belly fat' at 100 pounds. working on a combo of muscle and fat loss. not sure where the 'scale' will be.
    My cholestoral is what started me on this, and that has improved!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    5'3", went from 142 -> 116lbs. I could have lost more, but I decided to go for lowering %BF instead so I chose to work on muscle for a while. I think I'll eventually settle somewhere in the 115-120lbs range. Around 20% is the ultimate goal. I'm probably ~25% BF at 123lbs right now.
  • mlcollins89
    mlcollins89 Posts: 87 Member
    Options

I'm between 137-140. I lost 40lbs. I loved how I looked at 150, my butt and thighs looked awesome, but I wanted a smaller tummy, so my goal is 135 from there I will start weight training.

Preach! It's the damn stomach! I love having strong, thick thighs, but that pesky "flabby" tummy is actually the worst to get flat.

I'm currently sitting at 150lb...my goal is a firm, toned 135
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,172 Member
    Options
    Azuriaz wrote: »
    Know who I've learned to envy? Tall pears. The hourglass is supposed to be so great, but it's really hard to work with. A tall pear, even with a few extra, is so much more attractive than I am when I'm even ten pounds overweight. And their boobs aren't quite as victimized by gravity as years go by. You lucky, lucky pears!

Love this post!! I always am jealous of pears. I'm also hourglass and short. Not a good combo.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and I started three months ago at 206. I'm down to 182.5 as of yesterday. My initial goal is 150, just because that seemed like a nice, even number to shoot for. I'm thinking an ultimate goal of 135 might be reasonable for me.
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Everyone wants to be so tiny! I'm 5'2" and currently 162 pounds. I'm down from 200 pounds. My initial goal was 150, but I am thinking about shooting for 140 - 145. It took me a year to loose those 40 pounds. I don't know... it sounds like everyone my height wants to be so tiny, but I am afraid that I would lose my boobs and my curves.
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and I started three months ago at 206. I'm down to 182.5 as of yesterday. My initial goal is 150, just because that seemed like a nice, even number to shoot for. I'm thinking an ultimate goal of 135 might be reasonable for me.

We have similar stats. Congrats on your success so far!
  • amy102875
    amy102875 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite 5'2". I started out at 204 with a goal of 150. I met that and am at 139 now. My new current goal is 132. After that I might go for 128, but don't want to go any lower than that. I'd like my tummy to be smaller, but I don't know if that's going to happen since I've had 4 kids and lost 65 lbs, a good amount of it is just loose skin :( But other than that I'm happy with how I look now.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    TracyeS4 wrote: »

We have similar stats. Congrats on your success so far!

Thanks! Congrats to you too!!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. Starting weight was 153 and I've lost about 30 lbs. My original goal weight was 125 and I hit that right about a year after starting MFP. Then I had a busy second half of 2014 so I ended up hovering closer to 130 lbs. I tightened things up again in Jan 2015, went back down to 125 and as low as 121, but I really think where I am right now is my maintenance range (121-125). When I got down to 121 I considered trying for below 120, but the scale stopped moving and I was happy where I was from a weight and calorie perspective so I decided this is my sweet spot, 123 +/- 2 lbs.

• irene7950
    irene7950 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and weigh 118lbs. I started at 121lbs a couple weeks ago and want to get down to 100lbs. I have a hourglass body shape, a 32"-23"-34" measurement, and my BF is around 20%. My biggest problem is my thighs! I am not happy with how they look in jeans! I wear a U.S. size 2-4 but the legs just don't look slim to me. Ugh shorty. I used to run/swim 1 hour a day, 3-4 times a week for about three years, which had kept me in the range of 120-130lbs. I guess carbs and sugar have been the reason why it's been hard for me to lose weight. How could someone resist a toasted bagel with butter and jam!? Now I am doing more weight training combining with cardio, 2 hours a day, 6 days a week. And I also just switched to a low-carb, high-protein diet. Hopefully I will be happy with how I look when the pounds start to shake off. Good luck to everybody here!
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    irene7950 wrote: »
    I am 5'3" and weigh 118lbs. I started at 121lbs a couple weeks ago and want to get down to 100lbs. I have a hourglass body shape, a 32"-23"-34" measurement, and my BF is around 20%. My biggest problem is my thighs! I am not happy with how they look in jeans! I wear a U.S. size 2-4 but the legs just don't look slim to me. Ugh shorty. I used to run/swim 1 hour a day, 3-4 times a week for about three years, which had kept me in the range of 120-130lbs. I guess carbs and sugar have been the reason why it's been hard for me to lose weight. How could someone resist a toasted bagel with butter and jam!? Now I am doing more weight training combining with cardio, 2 hours a day, 6 days a week. And I also just switched to a low-carb, high-protein diet. Hopefully I will be happy with how I look when the pounds start to shake off. Good luck to everybody here!

Where are you holding all your weight? I'm 5'3"/98 lbs with similar measurements (32-23-33) and around 15-17% body fat and there's no way I could wear a 2-4. A 0 hangs off me. Either your scale is off by 15 lbs or you are all arms and legs.
  • jbuzzed
    Options

I'm very similar. My initial goal was 150 and I'm now 151 and thinking trying for 135.
  • jbuzzed
    Options
    TracyeS4 wrote: »
    Everyone wants to be so tiny! I'm 5'2" and currently 162 pounds. I'm down from 200 pounds. My initial goal was 150, but I am thinking about shooting for 140 - 145. It took me a year to loose those 40 pounds. I don't know... it sounds like everyone my height wants to be so tiny, but I am afraid that I would lose my boobs and my curves.

I'm same height started at 180. My initial goal was 150 too but now I'm 151 and thinking 135. Reading these posts I was thinking how tiny everyone was!
  • Bex_hostie
    Bex_hostie Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" my start weight was 146 and my current weight is 130. My goal weight is 116. I'm having a breast reduction on the 1st December and I wanted that to be my goal date as I can't wait to have small breasts and I want to leave hospital feeling as good as I can. Also with my reduction they will take any excess skin/tissue so I want to lose weight before not after ideally. Not sure how realistic my goal will be, but I can do what I can do. I'm halfway there. People say people notice weight loss on short people more quickly but I'm feeling really demotivated by the fact I've lost 16lbs and people don't really seem to notice....
  • Bella77007
    Bella77007 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 1 and started at 171, actually at one point I was 180 but lost a few pounds, fell off the wagon and then decided to commit, initially I had a goal of 132 because that would mean a healthy BMI for the first time in years, I got to that and wasn't really happy with it and decided I would like to lose a few more pounds so I carried on.

I got to 124 and decided that was fine for me and that I would start looking to maintain, I didn't want to go straight up to maintenance calories though so I added 100 per day for 2 weeks at a time and just monitored, I knew I might lose a few more pounds and I am now maintaining at 116-117, it goes up and down which I know is just normal fluctuation and I am happy at this weight.

Bex_hostie please don't be demotivated that people don't seem to have noticed your loss, some people don't like to comment in case it's taken badly, my father in law visits weekly and hadn't said anything despite the fact that at that point I was 30 pounds lighter, I mentioned feeling confident enough to go swimming and he said 'You have lost a lot of weight haven't you? I didn't want to say before in case I was being rude' so sometimes people do notice but don't like to comment.