Not a success story, but a confident day.

Options
I wore a crop top the other day! Me!

Honestly, I thought only super skinny women got away with them or the curvy, confident ladies. Me? I'm just average. Got some fat, but not enough to be buxom. I'm slenderish, but not waifish.

F%*#s given? None. My success for this day is having a day where I appreciated my form. Not the form I'm striving for and yet to achieve, but the body I have now in all its imperfections, stretch marks, pudge, and usual insecurity.

You, my body, take me everywhere, hold my child against you, are strong and take me for
long walks, lift weights and a seven year old. You body treat me right. Today, you are good enough as you are.

Please feel free to join me in loving and appreciating something of yourself, your body, if just for today.

lgbhir70omt0.jpg

Replies

• LooseyGoosey12
    LooseyGoosey12 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    you are rockin' that crop top. In for self love. ♥
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! Good for you, and well put in everything you said!
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thank you both.

Some days it's so easy to forget to have gratitude for the able bodies we do whilst focusing on improvement. Got to remember to be kind to these bodies, as well. ♥️
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Lovely :)
  • KourtneyChristine
    Options
    You are super thin and good looking! Wear all the crops you want!!
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Too cute!!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Great mindset (and cute shorts)! The last thing my yoga instructor does each lesson is to tell us to give thanks for our healthy, able bodies, and I think it's slowly beginning to rub off on me. Not quite to the crop top degree, but Rome wasn't built in a day :smile:
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! <3

• spacelump
    Options
    Great mindset (and cute shorts)! The last thing my yoga instructor does each lesson is to tell us to give thanks for our healthy, able bodies, and I think it's slowly beginning to rub off on me. Not quite to the crop top degree, but Rome wasn't built in a day :smile:

Thank you! Shorts were a thrifty find. As for the mindset it certainly comes and goes.

I would suggest trying a crop top in the security of your own home. I started with my blinds closed and then kind of hung out on my porch. The heavens did not storm in rage and an apocalypse did not occur. I took to the streets and walked my dog in one and received a honk (which is the more courteous cat call of our day).

Point being...you can crop top...and YOU can crop top! Crop tops for everyone!

6k1ugx62riv2.jpg
  • spacelump
    Options
    You are super thin and good looking! Wear all the crops you want!!

Oh my goodness, someone called me thin. It's been awhile. God bless you.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You look great in it! Super skinny for a crop top? It looks to me that you are pretty slender in this picture anyways. I love the whole outfit. Where do you shop?
  • spacelump
    edited September 2015
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »
    You look great in it! Super skinny for a crop top? It looks to me that you are pretty slender in this picture anyways. I love the whole outfit. Where do you shop?

Thank you so much! I'm kind of the hodgepodge queen. I thrift shop a lot. Top was $5 from H&M, shorts from a local thrift, stole the sweater from my guy, and tights (not pictured) from Target. I tend to just piece together items I like on their own and hope they work in completion.

I'm not always successful and often probably look dorky.

As for looking slender, I definitely accredit it to high waisted shorts and the crop top mirage. I'm 5'8", 153 lbs. I'm a size 8 on a very good day.
  • jersey_54
    jersey_54 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    rob_medium.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!