Replies

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Still water weight.
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It takes me a week to get back after just a weekend of over indulgence. We had a girls weekend last week and while I did not go overly crazy with the food, the beer consumption was high. Hopefully tomorrow I will be back down to what I was last friday and am 1 lb from it. On the bright side, we did ALOT of walking, so I am hoping that evened it all out. When I over indulge in alcohol it always seems to take 3 or 4 days to lose the waterweight (up to a week if its several days of it).
  • AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Impossible to say. Will knowing change your response?
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    hamelle2 wrote: »
    A wonderful sunny all inclusive week long vacation??? To me it would be worth every single pound I gained! B)

This! :D
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    5200 calories per day sounds pretty realistic to me at an all inclusive resort. Especially figuring in alcohol.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    5200 calories per day sounds pretty realistic to me at an all inclusive resort. Especially figuring in alcohol.

then i truley truly deserved and loved every pound gained :D because boy did i smash them desserts ha!
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago i was in sunny ibiza, on an all inclusive holiday for 1 week. im not going to lie i didnt hold back i had what i wanted..

It's painful how much can be put on in a short time, isn't it? One of my most recent vacations, merely a week, I managed to put on 3lb (which is half of the 6 you're estimating). The graph looks like this:

2gpt43vdkur9.png

To be honest, on this vacation I ate with some restraint, too.

Bottom line is you can take it back off, easily enough. For those who doubt it's possible, here's a meal I'd enjoy at Milestones:

1230 Chorizo Flatbread Appetizer
    1490 Portobello Mushroom Chicken Main
    0390 Bellini (Alcohol)
    1000 Peanut Butter & Jelly Cheesecake Dessert
    ----

So this meal - a single meal - is just an appetizer, main, one drink, and a dessert. I mean I didn't even have 2 bellinis. Or a taste of someone else's appetizer. You were at an all inclusive - free drinks all day long - big breakfasts, lunches, suppers - you could easily hit 9,000 kcals/day.

So the way to know is to get back on track and see how quickly the weight comes off, and not worry about it. You had fun, great, time to get back to work.

Osric

One of my pet-hates is when people do the whole 'you didn't gain it all in a week, you won't lose it all in a week!'

When I used to binge I could easily eat an extra 3000 calories in one evening, and that is having gone over my calories for the day. Added up over a week, you are looking at a possible 7lbs gain. That would DEFINITELY take a lot longer than a week to lose, especially if you are only on half a pound a week! It sounds petty, but that whole 'it didn't take a week to gain it' thing REALLY bugs me.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    2 weeks ago i was in sunny ibiza, on an all inclusive holiday for 1 week. im not going to lie i didnt hold back i had what i wanted..

It's painful how much can be put on in a short time, isn't it? One of my most recent vacations, merely a week, I managed to put on 3lb (which is half of the 6 you're estimating). The graph looks like this:

2gpt43vdkur9.png

Bottom line is you can take it back off, easily enough. For those who doubt it's possible, here's a meal I'd enjoy at Milestones:

0390 Bellini (Alcohol)
    ----

So this meal - a single meal - is just an appetizer, main, one drink, and a dessert. I mean I didn't even have 2 bellinis. Or a taste of someone else's appetizer. You were at an all inclusive - free drinks all day long - big breakfasts, lunches, suppers - you could easily hit 9,000 kcals/day.

So the way to know is to get back on track and see how quickly the weight comes off, and not worry about it. You had fun, great, time to get back to work.

Osric

this is amazing - i cant believe how easy it is to cosume that many calories in a day lol - i know now i definately hit 4500 mark well easy.. oops, oh well its not like it comes every other week!
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

2gpt43vdkur9.png

0390 Bellini (Alcohol)
    ----

Osric

One of my pet-hates is when people do the whole 'you didn't gain it all in a week, you won't lose it all in a week!'

When I used to binge I could easily eat an extra 3000 calories in one evening, and that is having gone over my calories for the day. Added up over a week, you are looking at a possible 7lbs gain. That would DEFINITELY take a lot longer than a week to lose, especially if you are only on half a pound a week! It sounds petty, but that whole 'it didn't take a week to gain it' thing REALLY bugs me.

This is one of my pet peeves, too. I have to patiently explain that it can be done only if I eat zero calories and workout until I pass out. There is no way I can healthfully lose weight as fast as I gain it after I've been chowing down on cake, cookies, pizza, and ice cream.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    this is also true for me lol
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Azuriaz wrote: »
    ...so don't regret it, vacation weight gain is entirely different from 'I want to sit in my room this week and eat cheetos and hate the world' weight gain.

I love this. Made my morning!

I just wanted to add that for some of us (I guess I am one of these special snowflakes), it actually takes more than a week to lose indulgence-related water weight. If I gain water weight - especially based on higher sodium intake, and especially if I eat high sodium meals for 2-3 days in a row - it can take 2-3 weeks to drop that weight.

I'm just tossing that in so that you don't get frustrated if you find the holiday weight hasn't magically disappeared after one week. I'm always a little jealous of the folks who lose their vacation weight that fast, but I am definitely not in that category. It may be related to the fact that I am short and have a very small frame, but it's still a little annoying.

Your holiday sounds like it was 100% worth it, though!

aww thank you, yes it was fab and i didnt hold back at all, which partially explains such a high gain - but its not like im going to do that often, hell i dont think it will be happening yearly lol. i shall just wait it out and see what happened, im sore too from starting up my exercise again so i know that will play a part too
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Azuriaz wrote: »
    ...so don't regret it, vacation weight gain is entirely different from 'I want to sit in my room this week and eat cheetos and hate the world' weight gain.

I love this. Made my morning!

I just wanted to add that for some of us (I guess I am one of these special snowflakes), it actually takes more than a week to lose indulgence-related water weight. If I gain water weight - especially based on higher sodium intake, and especially if I eat high sodium meals for 2-3 days in a row - it can take 2-3 weeks to drop that weight.

I'm just tossing that in so that you don't get frustrated if you find the holiday weight hasn't magically disappeared after one week. I'm always a little jealous of the folks who lose their vacation weight that fast, but I am definitely not in that category. It may be related to the fact that I am short and have a very small frame, but it's still a little annoying.

Your holiday sounds like it was 100% worth it, though!

p.s i bloody love your profile pic lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

2gpt43vdkur9.png

0390 Bellini (Alcohol)
    ----

Osric

OMG I'm right there with you! Or people who say 'oh I'm sure you didn't gain anything, you'll lose it all in a week'.

Lies. All lies. It's very easy to gain weight in vacation. I restricted myself a lot on my last one and still gained two pounds in 10 days, which took me 2 months to lose with my deficit (can't really eat less, I'm hungry enough as it is).

People don't realize just how many calories hide in alcohol (which I don't drink, thankfully) and desserts. An average square of bread pudding? 800 calories. An average piece of cheesecake? 700 calories. Have dessert twice a day on top of your regular meals and you can gain half a pound A DAY (providing your entrees are not 1000+ calories too like most of them!).

VERY easy to gain. Much harder to lose.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options

Boom right here! I know the last cruise I went on, this was easily done! With all of the extra, extra sugary deserts, booze with surgary add-ins and fatty cuts of meat. Oh yeah, all day bruh.