Quest bars - protein bars: What is your opinion on this product?

Options
Hello all,

I've recently switched up protein bars and decided to try out quest bars. I'll be getting my order in the next couple days. What is your opinion on them? Have you tried their other products as well? Let me know your thoughts!

Replies

• saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    hoshana42 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I've recently switched up protein bars and decided to try out quest bars. I'll be getting my order in the next couple days. What is your opinion on them? Have you tried their other products as well? Let me know your thoughts!

Tasty. High carb. Not much nutritional wise.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    0258160"]Hello all,

I've recently switched up protein bars and decided to try out quest bars. I'll be getting my order in the next couple days. What is your opinion on them? Have you tried their other products as well? Let me know your thoughts![/quote]

Tasty. High carb. Not much nutritional wise.[/quote]

High PROTEIN. Low carbs. High fiber.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I love them, particularly the white chocolate, raspberry one. Some people put them for a couple of seconds in the microwave. They are a superb source of protein. I know you can easily get the same amount of protein by eating e.g. a Greek yoghurt, but frankly a Questbar a day or every two days is a treat for me.
    Stef.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Yes, forgot to say, most importantly, just 1g sugar. I have researched tons of protein bars and I have found none that have that small sugar amount!
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have come accustomed to the Chocolate Chunk. It wasn't great when I first tried it but now its one of my favorite flavors. Sept 29th they have a limited edition flavor revealed! I hope its pumpkin!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options
    Yummy flavors but they recently changed their formula so at least you won't have any bias towards the old formula if you get the new bars. :)

I've also tried the protein chips and protein powder. Of the chips I've tried, the cheddar and sour cream are my favorite with sour cream and onion coming second. I also tried the bbq flavored but it was too bold for my taste.

The chocolate milkshake protein powder is reeeeeeeally good. So is the peanut butter. I also have vanilla to try but haven't yet. I've heard good things tho!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Do these have to be ordered online, or are they sold in stores? If so, which stores?
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Do these have to be ordered online, or are they sold in stores? If so, which stores?

GNC here in Northern NJ
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Most places that sell lots of protein items sell them, such as GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, Popeye's supplements, etc. Some grocery stores even have select flavours, but they are often more expensive and are old. When Quest bars get old, they get quite dry and hard, but microwaving them on high for like 5-10 seconds will make them soft and chewy again. My local Trader Joe's carries some flavours.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are absolutely nasty. I have tried almost everyone. I used reg and ones with splenda. No matter which one, the after taste was horrible not to mention the texture of the bar itself.

I have now switched to Muscle Pharm Comabt (cookie dough only) but prefer Chef Robert Irvine FortiFX FIT Crunch Bar (peanut Butter).. 1000% better than Quest.. I will try others in the future but prefer something that says "crunch" on the label...lol
  • hoshana42
    hoshana42 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hear that they are excellent if you microwave them a little bit! Thank you for your advice everyone, it is much appreciated!
  • hoshana42
    Options

I ordered these directly from the Quest website. I purchased the variety 12 pack on there. I believe the costs are similar to what is available in stores. Only thing is you have to pay $5 for shipping
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My grocery store (HEB) has them which is very convenient.
  • glassyo
    Options
    hoshana42 wrote: »

I ordered these directly from the Quest website. I purchased the variety 12 pack on there. I believe the costs are similar to what is available in stores. Only thing is you have to pay $5 for shipping

Next time google for a free shipping code.

They've started selling the bars in Ralphs/Kroger and Gelsons (not a chain market I think tho) and I've even seen them in some gas stations.

• hoshana42
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Yummy flavors but they recently changed their formula so at least you won't have any bias towards the old formula if you get the new bars. :)

I've also tried the protein chips and protein powder. Of the chips I've tried, the cheddar and sour cream are my favorite with sour cream and onion coming second. I also tried the bbq flavored but it was too bold for my taste.

The chocolate milkshake protein powder is reeeeeeeally good. So is the peanut butter. I also have vanilla to try but haven't yet. I've heard good things tho!

Are the chips intended for just snacking? Or can they be an alternate to a protein bar?
  • glassyo
    Options
    There's 20 to 21 grams of protein in a bag of chips. Sometimes that's all I eat for lunch. :)
  • hoshana42
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    There's 20 to 21 grams of protein in a bag of chips. Sometimes that's all I eat for lunch. :)

That sounds great, I will have to buy some the next time I place an order with Quest!