15 kg to lose, 2lb a week okay?

Options
Hi, i have been using myfitnesspal for 2 and a half months and have lost some weight. Now i have a goal to lose 15 more kg. I am a 21 year old female, can i get away with losing at 2lb per week? I a worried to look "flabby and unhealthy" after i lose weight. I am 75 kg now, leaning towards an overweight bmi. At 60 kg i will still be in the healthy weight section.

Replies

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    2 lb/week is a bit aggressive. If you do 1 lb/week it will take probably take 6 months instead of 3 months and you will retain more muscle mass. I believe in slow and steady wins the race. So I would go with 1 lb/week.
  • catt952
    catt952 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    i do stay active and eat protein. Does that help my case?
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    If you can lose 2 pounds a week and do it in a healthy way, go for it! However if you only have 15 lbs to lose it might not come off as quickly as you want.
  • catt952
    Options
    15 kg. that's over 30 pounds lol
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    catt952 wrote: »

It will coupled with a calorie deficit. Good for you for being active and eating protein. Go get it.

• minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    15kg isn't much weight to lose, and I would not have a goal of a kilo a week. I don't even have that as a goal now and I've got 25kg to lose yet. 500g would be better. I'm down 40kg so feel that a kilo a week sounds a bit aggressive to me, for only 15kg to lose in total.
  • catt952
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »
    catt952 wrote: »

It will coupled with a calorie deficit. Good for you for being active and eating protein. Go get it.

:) Thanks
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you're not in a hurry, aim for more like half a kilo a week. It'll be easier and IMO (just MHO), it's better to ease into maintaining weight than it is to diet your *kitten* off and then stop. You get more practice for how you'll be eating when you're done if you go slower. IMO. :)