water weight

Options
is it possible to gain 7-10 lbs worth of water weight. About a week ago I weighed about 10 lbs more than what I do today and was just wondering if I am crazy or if that is just water weight I had gained. I am right around the my period time as well so I know I can gain some but not sure if it is possible to gain that much. Any help would be great so I know if I am crazy or if my scale is broken.

Replies

• xxsweet
    xxsweet Posts: 21
    Options
    Yes it is possible, I've read that it is and I've experienced that much water retention too. It'll go away on its own but for me exercising and avoiding dairy helps.
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Are you close to your "Time"? I know I can fluctuate about 5 lbs during that time period. Perhaps thats the issue???
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm retaining water right now. I can see it in my ankles and the scale has gone up about 5 pounds over the past few days, as well. This happened to me last month, too, but it was worse and I gained 10 pounds of water. My doctor prescribed a diuretic last month and I dropped all 10 pounds in about 4 days, so I know for a fact it was water weight. No way I could lose 10 pounds that quickly otherwise!
  • doingit4myprincesses
    doingit4myprincesses Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's getting close to that "TIME" so I know I am retaining water but never retained that much before. But I feel better knowing that others have had the same experience as i have. Thanks for the input!!! It is appreciated.