New Quest bar limited edition flavor coming!

Options

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    andrikosDE wrote: »
    I hope the next quest flavor is crack so it's less addictive for MFP users.

And you win...
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    :smiley:
    I have been called a smart@ss innumerable times. Now you know why... :wink:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So... shocking, isn't it? Not buying a box, don't like the calories, but will try to find one somewhere...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    andrikosDE wrote: »
    :smiley:
    I have been called a smart@ss innumerable times. Now you know why... :wink:

Why didn't the donkey go to school?

Because no one likes a smartass. :p

• Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Just saw on IG. It is Pumpkin Pie.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah but 220 calories... Meh.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

LOL I have a calories cut off. Like, 210 is a limit for a protein bar.

It's the same with cereal. 110 is my limit. For some reason I won't eat a 120 calorie per serving cereal anymore.

(But I'm not interested at all in the pumpkin bar anyway.)

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

It's the same with cereal. 110 is my limit. For some reason I won't eat a 120 calorie per serving cereal anymore.

For me it depends on the size of the bar and how much protein it has. 220 cal is about my limit for bars 50g in size or lower, and it has to have at least 10g of protein, but more like 15 for me to feel good about it.

Bars that are more like meal replacement bars (70g or more) I expect at least 20g of protein minimum, and 300 calories is my limit.

Quest is right in between a snack and a meal at 60g and 20g of protein (typically). 220 is not too bad.

I'll look for the pumpkin pie to try it, but I'll keep my expectations low. Their apple pie bar was super gross.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

Yeah plus with the new formula I doubt it's worth it or that good.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Same, I like my protein bars around 180-210 max lol.
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else notice that, with the new formula, the chocolate pb calories changed? originally it was 160 but now its 170....small amount, I know, but I still found it interesting
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Did anyone else notice that, with the new formula, the chocolate pb calories changed? originally it was 160 but now its 170....small amount, I know, but I still found it interesting
    All of them have 20-30 more calories except one flavor.

• amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options

They are less appealing to me from a calorie counting standpoint now that they have increased. That and the price--I am sticking to making my own bars for a while.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I really wouldn't mind the small calorie increase if that meant a better flavor, but wow, that's just awful Quest.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    I really wouldn't mind the small calorie increase if that meant a better flavor, but wow, that's just awful Quest.

No cow bars are REALLY good. They have the same texture almost as quest but with better ingredients.
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    all of them?? really?? NOOOOOO
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    all of them?? really?? NOOOOOO

I didn't notice a change in the calories for cookie dough
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Definitely pumpkin pie, I won't be trying. I hate the new formula, they all taste yucky now.

I'm def having a hard time eating their cookie dough now since the change. I can still eat the smores for now lol but I hear ya!
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Victory bars? They look the same as quest, but with sugar instead of stevia. nx6mu43g1pp4.png

I tried several flavours. They all taste the same to me - an awful, bitter, almost rancid taste that completely ruins any other flavour in the bar. I've been experimenting a lot recently: I tried Ansi cheesecake, B-up bars, several GNC bars, Victory bars, Combat Crunch bars, and Detour Simple bars. My favourite, by far, were the B-up bars. They are the only ones I will be buying again. The Combat Crunch are okay, but they are quite expensive and I still like the B-up ones better. I've left reviews of things I've tried in the thread about new products that caught your eye recently.

Thanks. I'm just limited because the bars have to have regular sugar, honey or agave for me to be able to try them. I noticed these didn't have stevia or artificial sweeteners, so I was curious.

Your best bet is to try something marketed to vegans or as a whole foods product. I haven't tried any of them, so I can't attest to flavour.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Victory bars? They look the same as quest, but with sugar instead of stevia. nx6mu43g1pp4.png

I tried several flavours. They all taste the same to me - an awful, bitter, almost rancid taste that completely ruins any other flavour in the bar. I've been experimenting a lot recently: I tried Ansi cheesecake, B-up bars, several GNC bars, Victory bars, Combat Crunch bars, and Detour Simple bars. My favourite, by far, were the B-up bars. They are the only ones I will be buying again. The Combat Crunch are okay, but they are quite expensive and I still like the B-up ones better. I've left reviews of things I've tried in the thread about new products that caught your eye recently.

Thanks. I'm just limited because the bars have to have regular sugar, honey or agave for me to be able to try them. I noticed these didn't have stevia or artificial sweeteners, so I was curious.

Your best bet is to try something marketed to vegans or as a whole foods product. I haven't tried any of them, so I can't attest to flavour.

Has anyone tried No cow bars? They have amazing stats and good reviews. They are OK, but not as good as quest used to be. I've tried all the ones you mentioned and I really liked the B-up bars...but once again not AS good as quest used to be :(. But I guess I'll have to settle for now because all of those bars are 10000x better than quest new recipe.