Is 20.8g of carbs in mango juice 200ml a lot ?

Options
Is 20.8g of carbs in mango juice 200ml a lot? Trying to loose weight and just having a glass with breakfast

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    If your goal is weight loss then it is the calories you need to watch. If you are wanting to keep your carbs low as a means to help you reduce calories then drinking that amount of carbs is probably not the best idea.
    What is your goal?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    fruit juice like coke is typically around 10% sugar
  • elizabethclaire1990
    Options
    As long as you can fit it into your daily calorie goals, if you want that juice, you have it! :) However, you might find that it's not the most filling or satisfying way to use up your cals... It's a learning experience!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    If you are low carb, then yes it is a lot. It would be my carbs for a day. If you eat high carb and have no insulin resistance issues, it may work fine for you.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    How many cals? I tend to stay away from fruit juice because for what you get I find it too high calorie. Like I can have a decent amount of chocolate or a glass of juice and I know what I would rather have!
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I found when trying to lose weight that one of the easiest things to do was to stop drinking my calories, but if it fits in with your CICO, have it.

When I cut I try to keep my net carbs around 40-60, your drink would be half my allotted carbs for the day.