Seeking others to help me Train to be a Jedi

Options
I am a Star Wars enthusiast who likes to dress up as a Jedi (figured I might as well get that out there). I am looking to find friends to help me resist the dark side (so to speak) and help keep me focused. A Jedi should show balance in his training. Healthy eating, studying, playing, exercise, yoga, and meditation. These are all things that I feel will benefit me becoming a Jedi. As Luke Skywalker once said (in the books): "A Jedi trusts the Force and at first seeks other ways to resolve problems: patience, logic, tolerance, attentive listening, negotiation, persuasion, calming techniques. But there are times when a Jedi must fight."

I seek those friends that will utilize this lesson...if anything, I think it would be cool to have some friends to BS about Star Wars with.

Cheers,
Jedi Master (hopefull) Martin

Replies

• blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    The force is strong with this one!

Feel free to add me, I'm more of a general geek come Whovian but always like new friends :)
  • nade0069
    nade0069 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    These are not the cookies you are looking for!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Start this way: whatever you're eating now....................take your saber and cut it in half and give the other half to Chewbacca, Han, Leia, or whomever else you want. Well except an ewok. It may end up making them taller.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AnakinsMom02
    AnakinsMom02 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey. I am new here, I have a 13 year old son named Anakin. Feel free to add me lol.
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I enjoy Star Wars (mostly original 3), and am hopeful for the next movie. Please Disney don't make a mess!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Hey. I am new here, I have a 13 year old son named Anakin. Feel free to add me lol.
    Just don't use the nickname "ani". Every time I heard that in episode II, I kept thinking of him singing "the sun will come out, tomorrow".

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • TrainingToBeAJedi
    Options
    nade0069 wrote: »
    These are not the cookies you are looking for!
    - That's too funny!

• TrainingToBeAJedi
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Start this way: whatever you're eating now....................take your saber and cut it in half and give the other half to Chewbacca, Han, Leia, or whomever else you want. Well except an ewok. It may end up making them taller.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Some great advice here...
  • _Bropollo_
    _Bropollo_ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and spotter, Brodin?
  • TigerSunStorm
    TigerSunStorm Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am new too. I sent you a friend request. I used to have a gym membership. I would run to the some of the sound track from Episode Three. I found it very inspiring. :)
  • TrainingToBeAJedi
    Options
    I am new too. I sent you a friend request. I used to have a gym membership. I would run to the some of the sound track from Episode Three. I found it very inspiring. :)
    I love Dual of the Fates. This song gets me Pumped, I find if this song starts up in the middle of my work out I tend to push myself harder and run just a little bit faster.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w
  • TrainingToBeAJedi
    Options
    _Bropollo_ wrote: »
    Try as I might, I fail to understand the connection as it relates to Star Wars. I am not familiar with Brodin. Google suggest this to be a mythical guardian of sorts, Reddit even goes so far as to suggest that it is he/she that watches over those who work out.

• refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Aikido is quite Jedi-like when you get good.
  • _Bropollo_
    Options
    Try as I might, I fail to understand the connection as it relates to Star Wars. I am not familiar with Brodin. Google suggest this to be a mythical guardian of sorts, Reddit even goes so far as to suggest that it is he/she that watches over those who work out.

No connection, sorry haha. Feel free to add though! I enjoy friends that can have fun with their fitness goals , regardless of their quest!

Indeed, Brodin lifts up all who lift with him. His followers venture on a journey to Swolehalla, through many trials of plates.
  • onenerdyguy
    onenerdyguy Posts: 24 Member
    Options

No connection, sorry haha. Feel free to add though! I enjoy friends that can have fun with their fitness goals , regardless of their quest!

Indeed, Brodin lifts up all who lift with him. His followers venture on a journey to Swolehalla, through many trials of plates.

close kin to Thor

Thor (def'n):

The Thcandinavian god of acheth and paineth. Hith jointh were all thor when he wath learning too.
  • _Bropollo_
    Options

close kin to Thor

Thor (def'n):

The Thcandinavian god of acheth and paineth. Hith jointh were all thor when he wath learning too.

Love it! :D
  • TrainingToBeAJedi
    Options
    All good fun!
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Come to the Dark Side - we eat cookies.

And look way cooler, tbh.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    And let's face it - the Jedi had some serious issues. And that whole not-allowed-to-love thing? Yeah, no. I'll be a gray Jedi, if anything.
  • TrainingToBeAJedi
    Options
    DoctahJenn wrote: »
    And let's face it - the Jedi had some serious issues. And that whole not-allowed-to-love thing? Yeah, no. I'll be a gray Jedi, if anything.
    - Joined the Dark Side DoctahJenn has. Lies, deceit, creating mistrust are her ways now. Join you, I shall never.