When to increase caloric intake?

Options
Hi
I've been maintaining 108 for about the last few day, just plateau. Goal is to become 125. When should I increase intake? High calorie meal tips?? Thank everyone

Replies

• jendiaz9732
    jendiaz9732 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yes girl! Macros (protein, fat, & carbs) Peanut butter, protein pact shakes, beef/turkey jerky, rice cakes, brown rice and green veggies, chicken, tuna, turkey, oatmeal with almond milk, bananas, apples, Beanitos chips (my fave), granola bars; Try to snack on something every hour. (feel free to look in my diary, I have few mixes of shakes with lots of protein!)
  • SoccerGurl01
    SoccerGurl01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes girl! Macros (protein, fat, & carbs) Peanut butter, protein pact shakes, beef/turkey jerky, rice cakes, brown rice and green veggies, chicken, tuna, turkey, oatmeal with almond milk, bananas, apples, Beanitos chips (my fave), granola bars; Try to snack on something every hour. (feel free to look in my diary, I have few mixes of shakes with lots of protein!)
    Thank you @jendiaz9732
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Generally, you want to evaluate a period of eating over a 4 week period as your body can fluctuate day to day. What is your current intake? And did you set up your account to gain weight?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Generally, you want to evaluate a period of eating over a 4 week period as your body can fluctuate day to day. What is your current intake? And did you set up your account to gain weight?

This. There are also websites/apps that will look at a rolling average of your weigh ins to help balance out fluctuations; that should give you a better idea of what your weight is actually doing.
  • SoccerGurl01
    SoccerGurl01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @psulemon yes my acct is set up to gain. I started at 104 lbs. I'm now at 108. Intake is 2200. So I think an increase to 2600-2700.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @psulemon yes my acct is set up to gain. I started at 104 lbs. I'm now at 108. Intake is 2200. So I think an increase to 2600-2700.

I would probably wait a few weeks to see if there are any changes. A few days is a bit soon.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Also, adding 400-500 calories at once is a big jump. I'd try smaller increments if you don't see a change in another month or so (maybe 100-200 calories).