Hockey Anyone

Options
Capitals fan here that is excited for the new season. Looking for some friends who also enjoy hockey.

Replies

• davemacdonald31
    davemacdonald31 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Ex pro here!!
  • RunningofftheEX
    RunningofftheEX Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Cool, I think you are second person I have come across on here. Talk to another guy once who never heard of and Google didn't find but swore he played, lol
  • davemacdonald31
    Options
    Hahaha! I'm on google!
  • RunningofftheEX
    Options
    Lol, cool. Funny some of people you find on here with bs. All good, find it entertaining.
  • davemacdonald31
    Options
    I was drafter to the NY Islanders
  • RunningofftheEX
    Options
    Nice, about the only NY sports team I don't despise. Lol
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian...hockey season is always good. :smile:
  • davemacdonald31
    Options
    Love me a fellow Canucklehead!
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Casual hockey fan. I've been getting more and more into it these past few years. I wish I'd played as a kid :/
  • efink85
    efink85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    Casual hockey fan. I've been getting more and more into it these past few years. I wish I'd played as a kid :/

If you really regret not playing, you should find a local rink and learn to skate. Or if you can generally cruise around on the ice without falling too much, most rinks have multiple levels of hockey leagues including adult beginners or even just some hockey skills classes to start with. Its never too late to play hockey. I didn't learn to skate until I was 18, and started with some skills clinics, now I'm in 3 leagues (not a great player but its still fun which is the whole point right?).

Anyway, I too am looking forward to watching some awesome hockey this fall.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    efink85 wrote: »
    yusaku02 wrote: »

If you really regret not playing, you should find a local rink and learn to skate. Or if you can generally cruise around on the ice without falling too much, most rinks have multiple levels of hockey leagues including adult beginners or even just some hockey skills classes to start with. Its never too late to play hockey. I didn't learn to skate until I was 18, and started with some skills clinics, now I'm in 3 leagues (not a great player but its still fun which is the whole point right?).

Anyway, I too am looking forward to watching some awesome hockey this fall.
    I can already skate fairly well (maybe not to the level I'd need to in order to play). I looked into adult leagues. I just need to decide how serious I am about it since the up front investment in gear is a bit steep.
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Go stars go!! Cup in Dallas this year!!!!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Any outdoor rinks where you can do pick up hockey? Or shinny as we call it? I often go skate at a local outdoor rink and there's often a person or two with a stick and a puck. I figure skate so they usually stick to their end and I to mine, although I'd be happy to give skating tips, used to be my job