lose 1lb of fat per DAY by Tom Venuto

Options
2»

Replies

• candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I know its probably not really fat based on what everyone says. But I have been dropping weight much quicker than I expected since using this tool (a week and a bit). I've been trying to drink a lot but I eat as much salt as ever (incorporating veg into my life - can sort of handle, putting them in my mouth without coating them in a liberal dusting of salt... fraid not, salt doesn't have calories, I don't have high blood pressure, sometimes I even have LOW blood pressure).

But if all the weight I've lost is water, wouldn't I basically just loose the same weight over and over each day instead of losing more each day?

But if it's not, when I set the thing for just under 500kcal deficit... obviously that must be wrong... because since the middle of the week before last week I have lost almost 7lbs which works out at just under half an lb a day.

And I thought I was aiming for a lb a week.

And I can't help noticing that while this site says my maintainence calories are 2100, one which took my waist measurement as well as the information taken on here said it was 2700 (which I have to say shocked me as it was very high and I figured it must be wrong).
  • Diana061
    Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I know its probably not really fat based on what everyone says. But I have been dropping weight much quicker than I expected since using this tool (a week and a bit). I've been trying to drink a lot but I eat as much salt as ever (incorporating veg into my life - can sort of handle, putting them in my mouth without coating them in a liberal dusting of salt... fraid not, salt doesn't have calories, I don't have high blood pressure, sometimes I even have LOW blood pressure).

But if all the weight I've lost is water, wouldn't I basically just loose the same weight over and over each day instead of losing more each day?

But if it's not, when I set the thing for just under 500kcal deficit... obviously that must be wrong... because since the middle of the week before last week I have lost almost 7lbs which works out at just under half an lb a day.

And I thought I was aiming for a lb a week.

And I can't help noticing that while this site says my maintainence calories are 2100, one which took my waist measurement as well as the information taken on here said it was 2700 (which I have to say shocked me as it was very high and I figured it must be wrong).

This site is purely mathematical. There can be errors in recording intake and expenditure as well as bmr differences (muscle mass varies), activity factors etc.

It is possible that you are running at a larger deficit than MFP says and a portion of weight loss could be water also.
  • wherescara
    wherescara Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump!