Cravings and spirits

Options
When you indulge in adult spirits, do you tend to snack and accumulate calories?

If so, do you have any tips or tricks to help limit the damage?

And before the nutrition nazis attack, 'limit the damage' means, you stay within your caloric range. I.e. You don't have bad foods with bad fat with bad proportions. ;)

Replies

• kittykarin
    kittykarin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just plan for it and if I go over, so be it. I try to eat before and drink lower calorie drinks like vodka or mich ultra. Alcohol definitely lowers your inhibitions and it's easy to just say SCREW IT, I'm eating these wings and fries and ice cream! I usually limit my drinking to about twice a month.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Just be mindful.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I work in a bar, and the three nights a week I am there we were drinking a shot or two an hour. I couldn't figure out why my pants were getting tight.... Till I looked up the calories in whiskey and felt like a total idiot. Half my daily intake? On liquid? Um no more! So my answer to your question for meme is just avoiding the drinks except foe special occasions.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Attack of the Twisted Tea talking here, and .....well. I don't know. I drank too muc h and it was hard to ty0pe this.
  • timberflake
    timberflake Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When you drink alcohol your body burns it off before anything else and then moves on to your carb stores, if you haven't eaten much during the day it's easy for the body to enter a hypoglycaemic state aka the munchies!

It depends on how often you do it, if you're having an extra 2000 calories every Friday night it's going to seriously impact your progress no matter what you do to try and mitigate it
  • Venus_Red
    Venus_Red Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    When you drink alcohol your body burns it off before anything else and then moves on to your carb stores, if you haven't eaten much during the day it's easy for the body to enter a hypoglycaemic state aka the munchies!

It depends on how often you do it, if you're having an extra 2000 calories every Friday night it's going to seriously impact your progress no matter what you do to try and mitigate it

Munchies have nothing to do with what your body is doing from a chemical standpoint. That's all your drunk brain, dude.