My name is Jaime

Options
Hey just started fitness and I need to lose about 8lb any suggestions

Replies

• otst433
    otst433 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dieting and cardio.... Lots of cardio! :)
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hey Jaime. Is the scale your only goal or do you have other goals? Sometimes chasing a number on a scale, especially when you are already in good shape, can be counterproductive.
  • jaime140313
    jaime140313 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awwww thanks for the reply
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    What do you currently weigh? How tall are you?

Based on the numerous threads you started yesterday which were quickly locked, it does not seem that you have a healthy goal nor healthy approach to weight loss.
  • jaime140313
    Options
    8.6 and 5ft4
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    So you're at a healthy weight, seek to reach the extreme low end of a healthy weight ... yet resort to starving yourself to do it?
  • jaime140313
    Options
    I don't starve I do eat loo
  • Zako1973
    Zako1973 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi
    We all should seek living healthy and fit. Exercise regularly and eat clean.
  • Zako1973
    Zako1973 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    I don't starve I do eat loo

You started another thread that stated what you ate. The amount you claimed to eat violated the guidelines for glorifying VLCD. In other words, you are starving yourself.
    Zako1973 wrote: »
    Hi

Define "clean" since it is a completely arbitrary term.
  • ccorrado006
    ccorrado006 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Keep in mind that a persons weight is about 80% diet. Eat clean and lean and make smart choices and you can lose the weight that you want in no time. Feel free to add me for support!
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Welcome! Keep in mind that a persons weight is about 80% diet. Eat clean and lean and make smart choices and you can lose the weight that you want in no time. Feel free to add me for support!

Define "clean" since it is a completely arbitrary term.
  • jaime140313
    Options
    I can only eat when I get chance , I work 12.5 hours a day I when I get home I just want to go to bed so it's not easy to just say I'm staving myself because I'm not , im a nurse , all my time I have is to look after patients who need me
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Clean and lean!!! I like that....or maybe mesh with fresh!!!...hmm not as food...jive with low calo....nope not good...uhhh man...you really nailed it with the whole clean and lean.
  • brianpperkins
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I can only eat when I get chance , I work 12.5 hours a day I when I get home I just want to go to bed so it's not easy to just say I'm staving myself because I'm not , im a nurse , all my time I have is to look after patients who need me

It is easy to say you're starving yourself when you started a thread where you claimed you eat 500-700 calories. Which statement of yours is true ... are you eating that little or are you not starving yourself? They are mutually exclusive.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10258592/calories-eaten

You also claimed that you only eat half of your daily calories per day to reach that level. The tired nurse angle neither explains nor justifies the behaviors you've claimed in threads you started.

• jaime140313
    Options
    So you're at a healthy weight, seek to reach the extreme low end of a healthy weight ... yet resort to starving yourself to do it?
    No one is starving them selves to do it ,
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    No one is starving them selves to do it ,

If you are eating 500-700 calories per day as you claimed earlier ... then yes, you are. Either that thread is false or this one is ... which is it?