20+ pounds gone; bikini ready =]

Options
barbiex3
barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
i hope i can inspire some of you who are needing it.

Fist I'd just like to say I'm 5'7", and I am 19 years old. I was a gymnast until I was 14, then I joined my high schools competetive cheer team.
These sports required HARD workouts, and I was super active, BUT my diet WAS HORRIBLE.

I was never taught to watch what I eat. I was told to "eat more" because I was so active & I was "burning it all off".

This advice let me to stuff my face with a diet close to 4,000 calories a day.

*** I remember vivdly EVERY other DAY I went to DQ and bought a large blizzard. If I could not afford that, then I would make my own blizzard at home. I was obsessed with sweets. ****

I didn't think much when I went from a size 3 to a size 5---> I must just be growing right?
or when I went from a size 5 to a size 7---> I must just be gaining muscle, right? --- WRONG!

I quit sports my Senior year =0 & kept the BAD diet && I packed on the pounds.
I quickly went from a size 7 to a size 9, and then my size 9 pants stopped fitting...
I REFUSED to buy size 11 pants (because that means I went from a size 3 to size 11 in about 1.5 years), so I wore sweat pants ALL the time because my pants didn't fit!!

I remember I went to the doctors office in Nov of 2010, and I weighed in at a whooping 158. (for me that was A LOT)

Anyways, I knew something had to change, so I tried dieting myself, and I lost some weight (about 12 pounds). THEN, I discovered MFP, and I lost 9.5 pounds in 5 weeks.

This website has honestly given me the tools to lose the weight I NEVER thought I could. I am so happy to be back in control of my life <3 I pushed through platuees that I never thought I could. I learned how to LIVE A HEALTHY LIFE! && I'm not insecure anymore AT ALL!

Hope you enjoy the pictures =]

38884_450007817173_517267173_6011156_32737_n-1.jpg

Photoon2011-06-06at19313.jpg

Photoon2011-06-06at19324.jpg

Photoon2011-06-06at19343.jpg

NOW; 5'7" 135lbs Bust: 34 Waist: 26 Hips: 36

Photoon2011-06-06at18584.jpg

Photoon2011-06-06at18584.jpg

thanks for listening =]

Replies

• KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! You look fantastic!

Katie
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I love that your goal weight is I don't care any more-- good for you!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    awesome....congrats!!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look amazing!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    SEXY! :heart:
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    great job, keep up all the hard work
  • smbland
    smbland Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Aw you DEFINITELY are an inspiration!!! thank you for that! and you look AMAZING btw
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I love that your goal weight is I don't care any more-- good for you!

Same here! I snarfed when I saw that.

You look phenomenal, and soooooo happy. Go you!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

Same here! I snarfed when I saw that.

You look phenomenal, and soooooo happy. Go you!!!
  • Omoge25
    Omoge25 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    awesome job! you look fantastic!....about to go stalk you diary
  • MsTru2U
    MsTru2U Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You rock!!!! I am motivated to lose this weight. But even more motivated after reading your story! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look amazing and have such a healthy attitude. I'm going to sound like a mom (which I'm not but I'm old enough to be:) but I'm proud of you!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING and make me feel old..LOL
    I;'m 133 and don't look half as good but just shows u what working out does..I feel off the work-out band wagon a while ago and haven't started back up
    U have inspired me :)
    great job!
  • norcalbowler
    norcalbowler Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!
  • Jeep429
    Jeep429 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Absolutely gorgeous!!!! What an inspiration you are!!
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congrats......
  • mellymink
    mellymink Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    your hard work paid off, congrats!! you look great & so happy :) thanks for sharing your story with us all!
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    cngrats! You look AMAZING!!! =)
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!!!you look great!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!