do you eat your eggs raw?

I heard all the protein does not digest, but i hate cooked eggs

Replies

• VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    I do. I too hate eggs, so I just throw raw eggs in to milk, or a smoothie. Makes it creamy, and adds a bunch of good stuff without the taste (or more importantly, the texture, blegh).
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    I was worrying about carrying salmonella from the egg shell since I was a kid, so I don't even consider eating raw eggs an option... Even though I know it's safer to do that nowadays...
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    No I don't. Either fried or microwaved.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Ick. No thanks! If you don't like eggs why not try something else? Plenty of food have similar macros to eggs if you don't like them
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Ewwwww raw eggs...here is the thing...i love egg nog!!!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    The texture thing. ugh
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    I do love a good raw fish though...mmmmm salmon rolls....
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    I don't eat them raw, but I have come not to cook them fully. Up until now, I always cooked them fully, you know, fear of getting sick and all. By accident (one day I got tired of waiting for them to cook) I have learned they are tastier with the yolks runny, or very soft. Cooking them fully to where they get solid, they lose a bit of flavor.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    I've discovered that uncooked egg white does ugly things to my digestive system, so very much no.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    when i was a kid my mom would give my sister and i as a treat a raw egg mixed with sugar. I liked it then. Cant get past the texture now...
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    The texture thing. ugh

When they are in a drink they create a pleasant texture. I usually whack them in the Ninja, so they are nicely emulsified. Just look at the use of egg whites in cocktails, for example. A whiskey sour without egg whites is a sham. ;)

And yeah, the salmonella risk is almost non-existent. If you are worried, you can get pasteurized eggs. As well, the contamination is usually on the shell, so you could just clean them. Anecdotally, I haven't gotten sick yet. I'll let you know if I do. ;)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I just had a raw egg in my smoothie. If your worried about not getting the full uptake of protein from the whites, buy the pasturised egg whites in the carton.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited September 2015
    Nope. Because ew. There are lot of sources of protein out there, there's no law saying you have to eat eggs.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    I like them with the yolks just slightly set and warm. Actually raw? No. I don't like cold, raw eggs. Except in eggnog.. Eggnog is delicious.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Runny yolks all the way, but God help the cook if I find the slightest trace of egg white snot.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Sunny side up I don't mind, but never tried raw egg in a drink. I don't think I could swallow it
  • jackieleenaa
    jackieleenaa Posts: 1 Member
    Yes every morning in my protein shake
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    I prefer to get food poisoning from something I enjoy more than raw eggs.
  • glowcap
    glowcap Posts: 8 Member
    I live in Japan and raw eggs are standard food here. put on some hot rice with a little soy sauce. No worries.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    I don't like eggs much so I don't eat them often.
    When I do eat them they have to be cooked. I can't handle the texture of an uncooked egg.