do you eat your eggs raw?

2»

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    No. I was wary about feeding my hermit crabs raw eggs. Why would I do that to myself?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    The texture thing. ugh

When they are in a drink they create a pleasant texture. I usually whack them in the Ninja, so they are nicely emulsified. Just look at the use of egg whites in cocktails, for example. A whiskey sour without egg whites is a sham. ;)

And yeah, the salmonella risk is almost non-existent. If you are worried, you can get pasteurized eggs. As well, the contamination is usually on the shell, so you could just clean them. Anecdotally, I haven't gotten sick yet. I'll let you know if I do. ;)

It's still a texture thing, my brain knows it is in there all runny and slimey. gag
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Used to get them in milkshakes when I was a kid. Had nothing on a Steak & Shake milkshake in my 10 year-old opinion, but never did me any harm.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    I see OP has moved from the gaining forum to the general forum to spread ridiculousness….
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,228 Member
    it is also very convenient to eat them raw

Well yes, that would be true,I guess - just crack shell and drink it down, no preparation, no dishes to wash afterwards.

But,no, I do not eat raw eggs or put raw eggs in drinks.
    I'm sure there is nothing wrong with raw eggs if you like them that way - but I do not.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Cage free or not, the eggs will need to be washed before you crack them open.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    theres nothing wrong with it, especially if they are fresh (we get ours from a lady down the road who is pickier with her chickens than some people are with their kids! LOL)

hubby eats them raw. i think its disgusting LOL
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    No, but my neighbor Gueston eats two dozen every morning to help him get large.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    As an ingredient, sure. By itself, gross.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    I put one in a smoothie most mornings. But I can't do them raw on their own. But I can't do raw oysters either. I don't like the snotty texture