Options
    SW 200.5
    CW 199.5
    GW 180.5
    2nd day on MFP....going beast mode!!
  • dogcatac
    dogcatac Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow, so interesting to see the variety. Guess it's just a testament to the fact that every body is different.
  • luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    SW 217
    CW 200
    GW 135
    1200 net calories - started July 26,2015. Losing about 1 pound every 5 days or so - and I'm happy with that!
    Walk three miles 4-6 x/week
    age 40, 5'6"
  • random5483
    random5483 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Height: 6'4"
    SW: 295 (295 was my SW in June, but I only joined MFP 8 days back and my weight was down to 285.7)
    CW: 278.5
    GW: 200
    Net Calories: 1890.
    Actual Calories Eaten: ~2400 a day.
    Exercise: Just walking for now. Getting ~10k steps a day which burns over 500 calories for me and brings my net calories right under my goal on most days.
  • duna_pruna
    duna_pruna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sw - 142. body fat 31%
    Current - 135. Fat 23%
    49 yrs female. 5'4"
    Had to reduce net calorie intake to 1150 a couple months ago to keep from gaining fat
  • thintribe2014
    thintribe2014 Posts: 36 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Height: 6'4" (49 Yrs)
    SW: 220 (23 ish % BF)
    CS: 205 (15 ish % BF(
    GW: 193
    2400 Cals high proton content (food diary open)
  • Jennak87
    Jennak87 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    SW: 207 lbs
    CW: 191 lbs
    GW1: 155lbs
    UGW: 140 - 135lbs
    5'6"
    28 years old
    Calories - between 1200 and 1400 actually eaten most days, sometimes I eat back about half of my exercise calories. I go to spin class 3-4 times a week and burn 500 - 600 calories per class and I average around 7000 steps per day.
  • tinger12
    tinger12 Posts: 62 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    SW : 490
    CW : 445
    GW : 190
    Height 6' 2"
    Started MFP use on July 6 2015. Expect to reach my GW in about 3-3.5 years.
    I eat 1800-2000 calories per day (far less than MFP says but I am quite overweight and will lose fast to start.) I do no exercise due to bad knees and hips from weight. I eat what I like and don't limit myself to a low carb, low fat, or any other fad diet. I also deal with clinical depression.
  • Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    How long did you guys wait to change ur calories?
  • fletwock
    fletwock Posts: 5 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Female
    My job has me on my feet most days (mostly standing with a bit of light walking) and sitting for hours on end other days.
    Height: 5'2"
    SW: 168
    CW: 132
    GW: 115 (depending on how I feel when I get there I may increase or decrease my goal weight)
    Calorie intake: 900 - 1100 (five to six days a week)

I intially started mid-February, lost a little over 30 pounds by the middle of May, plateaued, took a break for a few months (I gained 2 pounds in that time), and started again last week. My calorie intake is a little low but I have a hard time eating any more. Since the beginning I've eaten the above stated calorie amount and only had issues one day when work had me moving a bit more than I expected. (Eating an extra couple hundred calories fixed that issue.) I bike to and from work (an hour total) and walk briskly for an hour or two at a time. I get about 7 - 8 hours of sleep each night (an hour or two more on weekends if I don't have to work overtime). At least one day a week I don't count calories. I use MFP occasionally, mostly if I'm adding something new to my diet and am uncertain if the calorie amount will fit.

I don't count the liquid medicines, cough drops, the occasional peppermint I might partake in, or the rare times that I share candy with my son. I also don't drink sodas, I've significantly decreased my consumption of red meat (I started getting really ill after eating it), I eat an obscene amount of boiled eggs, and the only things I drink are water, lemon or lime water or, rarely, unsweet tea.

Overall, I feel much more happier and energetic than I used to.
  • JesseWeller
    JesseWeller Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    SW- 267 July 2015 MFP first time user.
    Highest Weight-320 2009
    GW-??? 10-15% BF possibly 180-190lbs
    CW-220
    Calories-1547
    Height- 5'11"
    Age- 41

For the first 3 weeks all I did was change my eating habits, in week 4 I started walking an estimated minimum of 10000 steps average per week. This seems to be working for me.
  • Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    fletwock wrote: »
    Female
    My job has me on my feet most days (mostly standing with a bit of light walking) and sitting for hours on end other days.
    GW: 115 (depending on how I feel when I get there I may increase or decrease my goal weight)

I intially started mid-February, lost a little over 30 pounds by the middle of May, plateaued, took a break for a few months (I gained 2 pounds in that time), and started again last week. My calorie intake is a little low but I have a hard time eating any more. Since the beginning I've eaten the above stated calorie amount and only had issues one day when work had me moving a bit more than I expected. (Eating an extra couple hundred calories fixed that issue.) I bike to and from work (an hour total) and walk briskly for an hour or two at a time. I get about 7 - 8 hours of sleep each night (an hour or two more on weekends if I don't have to work overtime). At least one day a week I don't count calories. I use MFP occasionally, mostly if I'm adding something new to my diet and am uncertain if the calorie amount will fit.

I don't count the liquid medicines, cough drops, the occasional peppermint I might partake in, or the rare times that I share candy with my son. I also don't drink sodas, I've significantly decreased my consumption of red meat (I started getting really ill after eating it), I eat an obscene amount of boiled eggs, and the only things I drink are water, lemon or lime water or, rarely, unsweet tea.

Thats awesome !
    We have close stats except for the cw lol
    Did you start with 900-1100 from the beginning?
  • fletwock
    fletwock Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    mita271 wrote: »
    fletwock wrote: »
    Female

Thats awesome !
    We have close stats except for the cw lol
    Did you start with 900-1100 from the beginning?

Technically for the first week I ate at 1500 calories but it was just so difficult trying to eat that many calories. I really felt like giving up. So I looked online to try and find what the acceptable amount of calories to eat for weight loss would be (1200 - 1500 according to unsubstantiated Google facts) and decided I would just eat a hundred or so below 1200.
    I expected to feel ill or lightheaded in the beginning but thus far haven't had to deal with those issues. I pay close attention to what my body is telling me and just listen. If I feel extra hungry and have already eaten my calorie allotment for the day then I drink a full glass of water first (about 16 ounces) then wait one hour. If I still feel hungry then I'll have a boiled egg and that usually does the trick.
  • JesseWeller
    Options
    SW- 267 July 2015 MFP first time user.
    Highest Weight-320 2009
    GW-??? 10-15% BF possibly 180-190lbs
    July 6th: 267
    Aug 7th: 246
    Sept 27th: 220
    Nov 7th: 209
    Calories-1547
    Height- 5'11"
    Age- 41

For the first 3 weeks all I did was change my eating habits, in week 4 I started walking an estimated minimum of 10000 steps average per week. This seems to be working for me.
  • JesseWeller
    Options
    mxpebecvnmw3.jpg
  • JesseWeller
    Options
    The weight loss has slowed lately due to my lack of walking. Still headed in the right direction really happy with how well this worked for me. Hope this helps
  • ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    SW: 213
    CW: 155
    GW: 135
    Started 2/13/2015
    Lost so far : 58
    Height: 5'5"

1,200 net calories per day. Cardio 3-4 days per week. Yoga 1-2 days per week.
  • tcarp8
    tcarp8 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    male
    5' 9"
    I've lost 20. I eat around 1,500 per day
  • Cheryl7777
    Cheryl7777 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Female age 64
    SW 390 in June 2014
    CW 325 Nov 11th
    Started MFP Sept 15, 2015 at 344
    Total loss 65
    Loss using MFP 19 in about 8 weeks
    Set to loose 2 pounds a week at 1520 calories
    Some chair exercise, but can not walk or exercise to put weight on my hip while waiting for hip replacement surgery in March 2016
    Use a Fitbit to keep track of steps anyway and average 2200 a day, sedentary job
  • kkooge
    kkooge Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    DevDougan wrote: »
    Starting weight 170 in June 2015
    Current 158
    Goal 145
    5'5"
    Age 53
    Calories set at 1200 but when I work out for 2 hrs I can go up to 1800 per day. I have a desk job also. I try to walk every night and get 2-3 nights of yoga in a week. Most days I stay under 1400 calories and work out 5-6 days per week. This seems to be working well for me :)

We have almost identical stats! I swim instead of yoga though. Hope I am as successful as you, well done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!