Losing weight in the wrong place

Options
I'm only losing weight in areas That are already fine. My arms are extremely skinny now. And my stomach is really flat and my face has really thin out. But I can't seem to lose any weight in my thighs.... Please help

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Panone2 wrote: »
    I'm only losing weight in areas That are already fine. My arms are extremely skinny now. And my stomach is really flat and my face has really thin out. But I can't seem to lose any weight in my thighs.... Please help

You have no control over where the fat comes off
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sorry, can't spot reduce. Stats please?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. My face thinned out, my collarbones jutted out and my arms were twig thin before I started losing from the places I actually needed to lose weight from!

Yes, it's incredibly frustrating, but find some patience and know you will eventually lose weight from the places you want, when your body is good and ready.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Parts that are smaller to begin with are still going to shrink like everything else does, unfortunately..... I'm in the same situation. Getting still smaller through my upper body, but my butt and thighs look no different.

Make sure you're taking your measurements because you'll see progress there that you may miss while looking in the mirror or at the scale.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

You have no control over where the fat comes off

This.

However if you feel stickish, I recommend resistance training.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    My face is still fat (but less so), my arms and legs below the joints are really skinny, and my middle is still big. I still look like a chicken, but at least I don't look like a pregnant chicken. Well, I guess chickens are pregnant all the time. Hmmm, never thought about that, hah!
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    My hips are now a size 6 (us 2) but my waist is a 10 (us 6). So annoying but not much to be done. Just trying to slowly lose more fat and doing conditioning/resistance to maintain muscle.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Start strength training your upper body to combat that "too skinny" look. Your highest fat concentration areas will hold fat the longest.
  • Nathy_F
    Nathy_F Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Have you try the plastic sweat suits??? ... you can wear it while u doing exercise(running.walking) the pant will help burn more cals , it worked for me in the past :smile:

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    natymen wrote: »
    Have you try the plastic sweat suits??? ... you can wear it while u doing exercise(running.walking) the pant will help burn more cals , it worked for me in the past :smile:

6ivlc6ucbz8p.gif
  • atypicalsmith
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My face is still fat (but less so), my arms and legs below the joints are really skinny, and my middle is still big. I still look like a chicken, but at least I don't look like a pregnant chicken. Well, I guess chickens are pregnant all the time. Hmmm, never thought about that, hah!
    My face has reduced but it could still stand to lose a couple lol but I'm one of those naturally rounder face people. I don't think it will ever be skinny or gaunt looking

My face is the same way. But people who don't notice that I'm losing weight say things like, "Is that new mascara? It really brings out your eyes!" when in fact it's the face fat not covering up my eyes like it used to!
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

I sincerely hope this is a joke.
  • atypicalsmith
    Options

So, are they still working?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

w4effo287pja.jpeg

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

And you can look dead stylish:

sauna-suit-weight-loss.gif

In reality though - no. Just.... no.