Hydroxycut?

Options
2»

Replies

• Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    STAY AWAY!!!!! Caused me to go into anxiety attacks for about a month. I have never had any problems with anxiety before. after two weeks of Hydroxycut I was in a sever state of panic for about a month it was the worst experience ever. Cold sweats, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, didn't do anything but sit at home and thankfully my GF (now wife) stayed with me and helped me through it all. I just binge watched TV all day cause it kept my mind off things.

I spoke to a nutritionist and drugs like that have ingredients that are known to cause mental issues but they also have ingredients to counter act them. Some times your body doesn't react to the ingredients that counter act.

Thankfully I am ok today 10 years later
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Does hydroxycut really work? Has anyone else used it and got success?

No.

• SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options

Nope it's easy to get, and perfectly legal. It's just behind the pharmacy counter like psidophedrine is.

Where I live you need a PRESCRIPTION to buy pseudoephedrine. Yep.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I tried them during a plateau just to see if maybe it would get things moving again and, quiet the opposite happened actually. Despite taking the recommended amount of water I ended up very constipated for almost a week to the point of tears I was in so much pain (At one point, I thought I was going to have to go to the ER I was in so much pain). Needless to say, I threw out the bottle (Or maybe one of my friends took them?). The point being... they sucked and made for a horrible, horrible week.

Side Note- It was Hydroxycut Max, in case that matters.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options

Nope it's easy to get, and perfectly legal. It's just behind the pharmacy counter like psidophedrine is.

Guess it varies state to state....
  • killerqueen21
    killerqueen21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    pls don't. just cut calories.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options

It does. I am in Missouri aka "Meth Capital".

It is really freaking annoying, let me tell you.

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • MiraclePowertv
    Options
    tried it... i've tried alot of the "weight loss" assist supplements... none of them worked for me... But hey.... I've probably just got some kind of supernatural immunity to them...LOl.

As far as I remember, they all say something to the effect of, "effective when used with a strict reduced calorie diet and regular exercise." Really...? Duh!
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options

It does. I am in Missouri aka "Meth Capital".

It is really freaking annoying, let me tell you.

I can't function without my psidophedrine in the spring and fall, it would drive me nuts to have to get a prescription!
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Not really. Virtually every diet pill on the market is nothing more than an attempt to recreate the effects of the ECA Stack, which *is* fairly effective, but can be dangerous if you have clotting or cardiac issues. However, it's still a *supplement,* which means that it can only increase the effectiveness of an already-solid diet that would work anyway, and only increase it by about ~10%.

An ECA stack to my knowledge is ephedra and caffeine. Last I checked ephedra was still illegal. At least In the usa.

You can still get Ephedrine Sulfate OTC in Wal-mart and other pharmacies in Bronkaid tablets...you just have to show your ID and sign something saying you won't make meth with it.

ETA: Sorry, I see someone already covered this. Carry on.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT!!! When I was younger, I did the whole hydroxycut thing and I lost a measly 5 pounds in about 7 weeks. I can do that with just diet and exercise. The scary thing is what made me stop......

I had some serious problems while on the stuff. I would start crying over something as simple as dropping my pencil in my university's library. (True story) It was really messing with me, causing me to shake, sweat, be overly anxious, etc. Once I stopped, so did all the bad effects.

Seriously, just don't do it! It is not worth it!
  • simply_bubbz
    simply_bubbz Posts: 245 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I know this an old post but I was searching Hydroxycut and came across this. Seems like everyone has negative reviews on here. I'll give you my experience: when I was taking them they indeed made me feel jittery and it felt like my heart was beating out my dam chest. However I was taking 3 at a time. When I was taking them I was going hard in the gym! I mean my energy levels were out the roof! After an intense workout I always felt nauseous and heart still be racing. Now, everyone knows when you take these supplements you have to drink tons of water. I was not doing that which I knw factored the way I was feeling. Also as I stated I was taking 3 at a time which I think may have been too many for my body at once since I wasn't use to taking in that much caffeine. When I was taking hydroxycut I lost weight pretty fast combined with diet and exercise. I stopped taking them because of the symptoms. Nw that I knw more about them and I knw what and what not 2 do, I'm going to continue to take them again starting Monday. They do work if you use them properly!
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I know this an old post but I was searching Hydroxycut and came across this. Seems like everyone has negative reviews on here. I'll give you my experience: when I was taking them they indeed made me feel jittery and it felt like my heart was beating out my dam chest. However I was taking 3 at a time. When I was talking them I was going hard in the gym! I mean my energy levels were out the roof! After an intense workout I always felt nauseous and heart still be racing. Now, everyone knows when you take these supplements you have to drink tons of water. I was not doing that which I knw factored the way I was feeling. Also as I started I was taking 3 at a time which I think may have been too many for my body at once since I wasn't use to taking in that much caffeine. When I was taking hydroxycut I lost weight pretty fast combined with diet and exercise. I stopped taking them because of the symptoms. Nw that I knw more about them and I knw what and what not 2 do, I'm going to continue to take them again starting Monday. They do work if you use them properly!

I appreciate your honest review! I hope you get your desired results.

I took it years ago in high school and lost a lot of weight quickly. They have not worked for me since. But I think my body is used to them.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Previous versions worked, but they also caused kidney damage. They were pulled from shelves and reformulated to remove the ingredients that cause kidney damage, which then made them not effective.
    Actually they were pulled from the shelves because they contained ephedra and 3 prominent sports athletes died using it or similar product. FDA had it banned.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • arb037
    arb037 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Previous versions worked, but they also caused kidney damage. They were pulled from shelves and reformulated to remove the ingredients that cause kidney damage, which then made them not effective.
    Actually they were pulled from the shelves because they contained ephedra and 3 prominent sports athletes died using it or similar product. FDA had it banned.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This..
    I used it back in the 90s when it had ephedrine in it. Then it was banned as a supplement.... clean diet and cico is all you need