New

Options
I have tried every diet there is out there. I am the largest I have ever been I am now 59 years old and feel like I won't live to be much older if I don't get this weight off!!!! I am trying to learn to eat food. I am a starch food eater. Not much on desserts or junk food but the veggies I will eat r all starch. Soooo I am now trying squash and asparagus and green beans. Any suggestion on how to cook them? or any other vegetables. I stand in the grocery store and look at the vegetables most I don't know how to cook. I bought some turnip roots not sure what to do with them.

Replies

• anitaghigi
    anitaghigi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Grilled asparagus is very good. A small counter top grill can do a good job. Squash can be steamed and so can green beans. I usually do very light seasoning for vegetables so that I can taste the sweetness or other flavors. I only add fresh ground pepper or a small amount of salt. If this does not sound so appealing using pre-mixed spice blends like Ms. Dash or looking for a recipe online might also be helpful. I am a fan of allrecipes.com
  • darleneweb
    darleneweb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much I had forgotten about allrecipes. I'm not a fan of cooking nor of food but I have to do something!!