What were your rewards for reaching mini goals?

Options

Replies

• TeenageMutantNinjaMike
    Options
    I agree on the personal satisfaction, but a little pat on the back never hurts either. I have been trying to come up with a good goal for myself but nothing really appeals. I think this is where I crave help from others, maybe their praise should be a good enough goal / reward.
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just feeling healthy and more fit is a reward in itself.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    For me, the goal IS the reward. Way more important to me than anything I could buy for myself!
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Every 25lbs, I order a little 25lb weight plate charm for my keys. I have 3 now and hope to get 1 more.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I personally never did the reward thing
    kimny72 wrote: »
    For me, the goal IS the reward. Way more important to me than anything I could buy for myself!

my thoughts as well haha
    Just feeling healthy and more fit is a reward in itself.
    Kalikel wrote: »
    For me, the weight loss is it's own reward. It sounds silly, but it's true. :)

Same here
  • Auntiezozo81
    Auntiezozo81 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Fab!! Thanks all
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I have every-five-kilo rewards. Bought a sports jacket at my first five kgs. Lining up a haircut for my next one - fingers crossed it should be next weekend!

Haircuts are a necessary, and distasteful chore, not a treat! Even thinking about it makes me itchy! XD
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm just about to take my first step on my ever lasting weight loss journey.
    My first mini goal us to lose 7lbs. Once reached I would to reward myself like a new top or something. What were your mini goal rewards?

1) My "weight loss journey" is not ever lasting. It will be coming to an end quite soon, thank goodness.

2) During the last 7 months of losing weight, I didn't do the reward thing for "mini goals".

When I reached my first main goal, where I thought I might stop, my husband and I took a trip to Canada and I stopped logging for a month. But that wasn't a reward, it was more of a co-incidence that I reached the goal right before we left.

I should be at my next goal, where I want to stop, sometime in October.

The only sort of reward-ish thing I'm planning to do is to go through all my clothes and figure out what actually fits me. I have clothes in about 3 different sizes because I've ranged between small, medium, and large over the last decade.

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    My reward was the satisfaction of a job well done.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I have every-five-kilo rewards. Bought a sports jacket at my first five kgs. Lining up a haircut for my next one - fingers crossed it should be next weekend!

Haircuts are a necessary, and distasteful chore, not a treat! Even thinking about it makes me itchy! XD

I get the works done, a full shampoo/condition, cut, and blow dry. My hair is getting pretty shaggy at the moment so it's overdue for a cut, actually.
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I've tried the goal thing; when I get to x weight I'm going to buy new gym clothes, when I get to x weight I will buy that new fitbit etc etc. It always ends the same; I see work out clothes I want so I buy them, I can't wait so I buy the fitbit.

The way I figure it is that most of what I want as rewards (aside from massages) have something to do with the process of losing weight anyway, so why not get them now and use them to either speed up the process (the fitbit is a real motivator) or make the process that much more fun?

So goals don't really work for me; I will just have to be happy about getting smaller and healthier I'm afraid!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I lost over 100# and rewarded myself every 25#. Yes, feeling better about myself and getting healthier was a huge rewards, but it was nice to buy myself some things. 1st 25# was some new gym clothes, 50# new gym shoes, 75# was a much needed massage and 100# was a new BBQ grill. Then it got really hard to lose weight and I started buying myself a new song for my ipod for every pound
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Well..I like the weight loss reward. But here are my others. ;)

Starting Weight - 210
    *200 - Kitchen Scale
    *190 - Etsy Bag
    *189 (10%) - Lunch box
    *185 (Overweight) - Picnic Supplies
    *180 - Kitchen Fryer
    175 - (Halfway) - Weight Set
    170 - Hair color
    168 (20%) - Refrigerator
    160 -
    150 (Normal) - Car detailed
    147 (30%) - Stove
    140 - Wardrobe (shopping spree)

The %'s are body weight % lost and the normal and overweight are based on BMI. :)

*'s = goals I have hit
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Not being as fat.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options

I get the works done, a full shampoo/condition, cut, and blow dry. My hair is getting pretty shaggy at the moment so it's overdue for a cut, actually.

I admit, the massage part of getting a shampoo is nice. But not enough to make me enjoy haircuts. But, as a guy, I get my hair cut the same pretty much always. When I had long hair, it was more interesting, and less irritating, but long hair is a PITA to take care of! :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    a pat on the back....?
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    vgnfarmer wrote: »
    Mani/pedi, new shirt or pants, special (tracked) dessert or meal. Good luck!

I agree, add facial, massage, hair cut at a better salon and short road trip or fair (because you will be walking) - but bring your own food and drink.

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I'm actually deliberately NOT "rewarding" myself at weight goals. I have had problems with linking my self-worth to things like my weight, job or relationships. My weight is a number and it actually doesn't mean very much. I am the same person whether I'm 160 or 260 lbs, and if I can't see that I don't know how to expect anyone else in the world to see it.

The changes I've made in my life reflect me conquering the challenges of an autoimmune disease and a couple very bad injuries. Every time I take my dogs out and hike on a trail, I'm amazed because a year ago I was bedridden thanks to a heart infection. Seeing the countryside again is a phenomenal gift, not because of my weight loss, but because I've been given the opportunity to heal, and to make choices that could help if (more likely when) I face a recurrence.

So I buy clothes as I need to replace clothing (worn/just does not fit at all). I do the things I enjoy regardless of my weight, with how they fit into my finances. If a tool will help me become more able to attain my goals, I'll purchase it when I an afford it. In the end, no matter what that number on the scale is, I need to act with love toward this amazing life I've been given and that includes my body.

I'm consciously attempting to decouple "rewards" from "making healthy decisions." I'm doing what I can do to give myself the best chance over the coming years to enjoy my life.
  • roxyish71
    roxyish71 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I got a new tattoo once I decided to get serious about losing my extra weight. Every time I look at it, it's a reminder of my commitment to myself. I'm going to get another one when I get to the 100's. Only 48 more lbs to go!