PORK CHOPS

Options
ErinWard1986
ErinWard1986 Posts: 46 Member
What is your favorite healthy, SIMPLE pork chop recipe?

Replies

• melodicraven
    melodicraven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just season them up with salt, pepper, plenty of garlic and herbs, put them in a pan with some very thinly sliced yellow onions, add about 1/2 cup of white wine, cover the whole thing and then slow cook it till they're falling off the bone. Good stuff. :smiley:
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Skinny taste oven fried pork chops are tasty and pretty easy.

I also like to sauté some shallots and mushrooms with wine, chicken broth, and a little butter and put that over thin-sliced chops.

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    pork chops
    salt
    pepper
    oil
    cabbage or sauerkraut

Saute cabbage in skillet if using. Season raw chops with salt and pepper. Brown chops on both sides in a small amount of oil in a skillet.

If you are cooking for crowd, brown in batches and remove to large oven-safe pan. Smother in sauerkraut or sauteed cabbage. Cook in medium oven (about 350 degrees F) until done.

If not cooking for a crowd (i.e., all the chops fit in the skillet without crowding), reduce heat under skillet, smother chops in sauerkraut or sauteed cabbage, and finish cooking. You'll probably need to turn the chops and stir the veggies once or twice while it finishes cooking.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Dust with seasoned bread crumbs and bake at 350 until the edges caramelize.

Saute on the stove top with garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and a dash or three of Frank's red hot.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Rub in salt and pepper, bake in oven. Serve with mashed sweet potatoes, or barley, and green beans or peas.

One of my favorite meals!
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Slow cooked with a can of diced tomatos,mushrooms and some spices.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Marinate in soy sauce, pineapple juice (drain small can of pineapple rings), garlic and brown sugar. Then grill 7 minutes on each side (depending upon thickness). Serve with grilled pineapple rings. Grated ginger is a good add-in too.
  • louise13dunstan
    louise13dunstan Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Pork chops wrapped in parma ham and grilled. Sauce fry some mushrooms in butter add double cream and drizzle on the chops. Yum
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I cook pork chops all the time. Love them!

Season with Lawry's seasoned salt and pepper, then melt some butter (you could also use olive oil) in a skillet and crank the heat up. Sear the chops on both sides on high heat, then turn the heat down to med-low, cover, and finish cooking.

No matter what recipe you use, remember- The key to cooking super juicy pork, delicious pork chops is to sear them on both sides before you fully cook them!
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    marinated in rice vineger , rice wine , garlic , ginger , onion , salt, pepper , chili flakes , star anise , honey , chicken stock . pomegranate juice .

and a side of sweet and sour sauteed bell peppers and red onion
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I like to simmer them and onions in bbq sauce in a covered skillet. Excellent with a baked potato.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Marinate and stick on the George Foreman grill (I'm lazy and buy marinades)
    Or season and stick on the George Foreman grill.
    Or in the crockpot with barbecue sauce for pulled pork.
  • tcaley4
    tcaley4 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    +1 on the Lawry's seasoned salt. Cooked on the charcoal grill. Cooked to internal temp of 140 - 145.
  • jjejjtu
    jjejjtu Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    This is maybe a little more time-consuming but still technically simple for a standard pork chop.

1. Brine your pork chops. This makes all the difference in the world. Boil a cup of water, add 3 T kosher salt and dissolve it completely. Remove from heat, then add 2 more C. water, pour over pork chops in a container and let them sit, in the refrigerator, for a minimum of half an hour, up to 4 hours. I like to let mine sit for about 3 hours.

2. Pour off water, pat pork chops dry. Rub each side with olive oil, and salt and pepper each side. Pan sear each side, then bake them in a 400 degree oven till the internal temperature reaches 145. About 8-10 minutes depending on their thickness.

Dang @finny11122 I am going to have to come up with a marinade made from some of those ingredients.
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle taco season on pork chop. Slice an onion and green pepper and place in bottom of crock pot. Add pork on top. Cook til done. Shred or dice in chunks and use as taco meat.

Cook in crock pot with salt and pepper until done. I used a steamer bag of green beans and a bag of brussel sprouts that I had on hand and sauteed up a yellow squash. Sliced the pork into thin strips and sauteed in a skillet with a bit of oil added the cooked veggies and a little garlic. Then added some spicy stir fry sauce. It was delish.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    This is maybe a little more time-consuming but still technically simple for a standard pork chop.

1. Brine your pork chops. This makes all the difference in the world. Boil a cup of water, add 3 T kosher salt and dissolve it completely. Remove from heat, then add 2 more C. water, pour over pork chops in a container and let them sit, in the refrigerator, for a minimum of half an hour, up to 4 hours. I like to let mine sit for about 3 hours.

2. Pour off water, pat pork chops dry. Rub each side with olive oil, and salt and pepper each side. Pan sear each side, then bake them in a 400 degree oven till the internal temperature reaches 145. About 8-10 minutes depending on their thickness.

Dang @finny11122 I am going to have to come up with a marinade made from some of those ingredients.
    Im going to try the brine , sounds good. Pork chops are one of the best foods i think. There is so many dry rubs and marinades that go well with them
  • gracesluckystar2015
    Options
    These are one of my favourite dinners.

Olive oil
    Barts bbq seasoning grinder
    Port stock cube
    Veg stock cube
    Minced garlic

In a zipper bag put chops , oil and minced garlic( one or two cloves up to you) grind a good amount of bbq seasoning again as much or little as u like and add to bag . Mash up the stock cubes until they are a fine crumble and also add to the zipper bag. Lock the bag and give a good mix around the chops

You can leave to marinate or use straight away lay each chop (making sure they are coated well) on a bring sheet and bake for 30 - 40 min at 180 - 200 fan oven

These are a nice strong flavour nod are fab with roasted carrots !!
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle with just a bit of cinnamon, brown on both sides in skillet, dump a can of madarine oranges on them and cook until done.
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Someone already suggest shake n bake??? If not...oh man...that...some apple sauce...a mouth...teeth. ..chomping motions...goodtimes.