Smoothie as a meal?

Options
dolphin21
dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
Having a Jamba Juice smoothie package from costco prepared as is, good to replace for a lunch meal? I add 1/2 of Oj and a bananna. I also have a some roasted almonds as well.

Replies

• Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about the protein content in the Jamba-Juice pack, but I often will have a smoothie for a meal after a workout, or for a quick breakfast when time is an issue. I usually use a protein powder and mix it with frozen fruit and a little milk. I don't like bananas but people often say it helps give a smoothie that nice milk-shake texture. I have found that frozen pineapple and mango will do the same for my smoothies.

If it is filling and will keep hunger at bay as a lunch, I don't see any reason not to try it and see how it goes.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Add it to your diary and look at the numbers. Do the numbers look reasonable with respect to your daily calorie, protein, carb, fat, sugar, etc, goals? If so, then go for it. If not then don't.

My "meal replacement" shakes are in the ballpark of 42g protein, 23g carbs, very little sugar & fat, a little fiber. Your mileage may vary.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    If it fills ya up, I don't see why not. My smoothies consist of berries, oj, banana, bee pollen, yogurt and sometimes some cooked/cooled oatmeal. That's definitely a meal right there.
  • oldfastguy
    Options
    I like to listen to this Heath radio show w/ Ben Fuchs .... He says you should drink as many meals as you can... It's easier on the digestion... He loves smoothies.... here's a link to his show archives, It's called the Bright side... give it a listen you may like it.. I do.
    http://www.gcnlive.com/programs/brightSide/archives.php