Just discovered I'm 5'3.5 and not 5'5

Options

Replies

• suzeexoxo
    suzeexoxo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    How funny! For the longest time I thought I was 5'2" - I can't remember exactly how this height got stuck in my head but I was adamant about it. My husband didn't believe me and measured one day. It turns out I was wrong and 2 inches shorter!

Yup! It happens, I'm telling you :D
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    "Ooo, ooh, maybe it works in reverse! Maybe I'm taller than I thought!" *gets out measuring tape*

Damn, still 5' 1/2." :p

Haha wishful thinking. ;)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Make sure y'all are standing up straight.
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    knelson095 wrote: »
    I just found out the opposite actually...decided to measure myself and I'm actually an inch or so taller than I thought. I've thought for years I was just under 5'4". I was aiming for a lower bmi class and it turned out I was already there! Happy surprise in my case. Kinda wondering when I grew though, since the last time I measured I was already an adult.

Awesome. Wish that were my case.
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    vxldn wrote: »
    Gonna go measure myself right now lol. That's crazy.

Do it! Lol
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    suzeexoxo wrote: »
    minties82 wrote: »
    Whaaat!? Haha, funny thread. I know I am 148cm and 7mm tall, not sure how you could imagine being taller than you really are.

Well I didn't "imagine". I was told I measured 5'5 at one point. They must of been wrong and I beleived that all this time. Go figure?!

I figure people measure their own height, who is this mysterious they? Much like we measure our own weight. You go figure! :-)
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    Whaaat!? Haha, funny thread. I know I am 148cm and 7mm tall, not sure how you could imagine being taller than you really are.

Well I didn't "imagine". I was told I measured 5'5 at one point. They must of been wrong and I beleived that all this time. Go figure?!

I figure people measure their own height, who is this mysterious they? Much like we measure our own weight. You go figure! :-)

Hmmmm I smell a smartass...
    Anywho, no I never thought of measuring my height. And "they" is the nurse who first measured me when I was younger. I should have phrased it better to avoid these kind of comments :s
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Lol! I have two heights for real. I have never thought to measure each of them, but I have a leg length difference of around an inch! If I stand on my right leg only, I'm shorter than if I stand on my left only :grin:
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    Lol! I have two heights for real. I have never thought to measure each of them, but I have a leg length difference of around an inch! If I stand on my right leg only, I'm shorter than if I stand on my left only :grin:

That is interesting lol!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

I'm 32 years old and have never measured myself. I've only been measured by doctors, nurses, and my mom. My driver's license says I'm 5'4", but I'm actually 5'3." If I measured myself, it would probably come out wrong. I could use a pencil mark on the wall, but if the pencil was angled at all, it could be an inch or so off, which is why I've never bothered with it.
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I recently had a physical and was weighed and measured. I've always thought I was 5'2" but I measured at 5'3". The nurse checked it twice and I was barefoot. I'm not complaining-I love my extra inch! My family has always been vertically challenged. :smiley:
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I was measured twice within 24 hours and ended up with .75 difference between the two. I was taller in the morning than he day before in the evening. My dad is almost 2" shorter at the end of the day as well.
  • princessbride42
    princessbride42 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I think the reason I'm taller is that dancing has improved my posture
  • suzeexoxo
    Options

I'm 32 years old and have never measured myself. I've only been measured by doctors, nurses, and my mom. My driver's license says I'm 5'4", but I'm actually 5'3." If I measured myself, it would probably come out wrong. I could use a pencil mark on the wall, but if the pencil was angled at all, it could be an inch or so off, which is why I've never bothered with it.

Exactly! :)
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    Nanogg55 wrote: »
    I recently had a physical and was weighed and measured. I've always thought I was 5'2" but I measured at 5'3". The nurse checked it twice and I was barefoot. I'm not complaining-I love my extra inch! My family has always been vertically challenged. :smiley:

Nice!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    When I was 20 I was officially measured twice - by different doctors for different reasons, I was 5'. The tallest female in my family.
    About 30years later, 12 yr ago, I was again officially measured, 5'1!!!
    wtf, one can expect to shrink as one ages not grow.

I loved being 5', now I feel average.

When I was back in the UK visiting my family this year I felt like a giant.

Cheers, h.
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    When I was 20 I was officially measured twice - by different doctors for different reasons, I was 5'. The tallest female in my family.
    About 30years later, 12 yr ago, I was again officially measured, 5'1!!!
    wtf, one can expect to shrink as one ages not grow.

I loved being 5', now I feel average.

When I was back in the UK visiting my family this year I felt like a giant.

Cheers, h.

Well I would of rather gone up than down!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options

Right, as a kid and young adult, I was only measured by others, and when I was 19 was 5'6.5". My 77 yo mom has shrunk an inch or two, and I was curious to see if I've lost that half inch over the years, so B measured me recently, and I am still 5'6.5".
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

I don't go around measuring my own height, so I can see this happening. But whatever.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I was 5'6" my whole adult life and a few years ago a new dr office said 5,7". I wonder if it was because of all the extra weight...everything else expanded. I'll be interested in a remeasure when I get to goal weight.