Eating Plans

Options
Hey Everyone

Just wondering if anyone has some suggestions on eating plans. I am looking at something that will help me focus on changing my eating habits. I have somewhat looked at the 60 day Biggest loser diet, Jillian's 30 shred meal plan and a couple others. Just wondering if any one has some input good or bad on a plan. Another thing that I am looking at is ease in meal prep. I am not that great of a cook so I don't want to be spending hours in the kitchen.

Thanks for the Help

Replies

• tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    on goodhousekeeping.com there is a "diet" called the supermarket diet but it's basically just a 1200 calorie meal plan that is super easy to follow, yummy, and has food thats super easy to make... i don't like some of the stuff so i would repeat other meals in their place, but it's how i first got started on this being healthier kick :)
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    The easiest way I've found to change my eating habits is to slowly integrate a certain change or behavior into your daily routine. Make it a goal to have one fruit and one vegetable a day. Once you think you have that down, make the decision to have a salad instead of fries, etc. Eventually these certain changes will become habit. I'm not a saint when it comes to this, but I make so many more better choices! The weekends are really my only defeat.
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I will suggest the 17 day diet. Do you mind sharing info on the biggest loser diet suggestions?
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    on goodhousekeeping.com there is a "diet" called the supermarket diet but it's basically just a 1200 calorie meal plan that is super easy to follow, yummy, and has food thats super easy to make... i don't like some of the stuff so i would repeat other meals in their place, but it's how i first got started on this being healthier kick :)

Thanx for the info! Ill have to check this out!
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    E-mealz has set plans....5 bucks a month, 5 dinners a week. I do the low fat, but there are also low carb and such. The price is great considering the whole amount of food for dinner that week only equals out to be $40! They give you the recipe, and they make the shooping list using the store you choose. The recipies are different every week and are so easy to make...I've only had one that I really did not enjoy and that was because I cooked it wrong. I've never been dissapointed with it and highly reccomend it to everyone because of it's ease and how much money it has saved me. Just google e-mealz :)
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else having issues viewing things on the goodhousekeeping.com site?
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options

Thanx for the info! Ill have to check this out!

I'm interested in this as well... thanks for the info.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I strongly recommend that you consult your doctor, get your metabolism analyzed, and base any plan on your particular metabolism & body type. Some people do well on low-fat diets, others need high-protein, low-carb diets. Your personal metabolism is the most important factor in whether a diet will work for you and whether you'll be able to stick with it. If you're on the wrong diet, and you find yourself having no energy or getting frequent mood swings, then it doesn't matter what wonderful foods it has or how well it fits into your schedule.

Aside from consulting your doctor, I'd look at your schedule and see whether there are particular times when you have low or high energy, and particular times when you have low resistance to temptation. And let that guide you in developing your eating plan. For example, if you often have low energy in the early afternoon, plan to eat more protein & fewer carbs at lunch (energy from carbs causes a spike then a crash, energy from protein lasts longer). Plan to have a healthy-yet-tasty snack on hand at times when you often get the munchies.

Socrates' two rules for life: 1. Know thyself. 2. Take nothing in excess.
    Works for dieting, too. :-)
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else having issues viewing things on the goodhousekeeping.com site?

you can just google supermarket diet and it's the first one that comes up... maybe that will work better
  • ana2375
    ana2375 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been doing the GL (glycemic load) diet for 70 days & have lost 18 pounds so far. It's great, because it's not about how much you eat, but substituting what you eat for "healthier" choices. My OBGYN recommended it. I went to the pharmacy & they have a great book that explains it. It has changed the way I look at food. I feel better than I've felt in a long time. I need to loose another 40lbs. But I know I'm going in the right direction.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I agree with WWhitaker.

Slowly make changes to fit your every day life. I've done that and it has stuck for over an entire year. Every day, almost! :laugh:

I always raise an eyebrow in interest when I get a new magazine with a weekly meal plan with recipes and a shopping list. And I'm sure there are plenty of meal plans for the week, month (whatever duration) that work. But to me personally it would be overwhelming. I do love to get recipe ideas though.... but I don't use the "plan".

When I go to the store I purchase items at the grocery store that we need at home and that are versatile and ON SALE! Looking at a list looks organized and gets my attention, but I think following through with a sorted out meal plan wouldn't work for me. I guess I'm not a Point A to Point B, C person. :laugh:

I've slowly made changes to my diet over the past year or that work for me. Like eat breakfast everyday, eat fruits and veggies, lay low on packaged and processed foods. Those kinda of things really have my a long-term positive influence.

Good Luck! :happy:
  • athletictrainer22
    Options
    My goal with the plan is not so much to follow the plan strictly but to help focus on portion control.
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AmLyWe
    AmLyWe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    check a book store... they have a gook on it too
  • amanda_mh
    amanda_mh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    A few months ago i switched to a low glycemic 'diet.' I cut out all pop and other sugars and really watch my sodium intake. I eat 6 'meals' a day with a carb and a protein and 3 veggies a day. It really has worked for me, and I'm really not restricted---I can have bread and pasta as long as they're whole grain/whole wheat, fruit, peanut butter, etc. I just save the chips for one day a week :) It's worked for me and it helps that it isn't so much a 'diet.'
  • amanda_mh
    amanda_mh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree! That's what I've done and I don't feel restricted. I feel more energized, less bloated and my sugars don't crash mid-morning or in the afternoon.
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Thank you:smile:
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    The easiest and by far healthiest plan is at RobbWolf.com

http://robbwolf.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/thePaleoSolution_FoodMatrix.pdf

Honestly, this is about the quickest cooking you can do, and all of them are delicious. I cook every meal in 1 or 2 skillets, super fast clean up time, and to boot - no leaky gut syndrome. Hooray.
  • LeahBeah12
    LeahBeah12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't follow a specific meal plan, now that I've been tracking I have an idea of how many calories most of the food I eat has. I've slowly made changes to my diet like skim milk, light ranch, light syrup, Healthy Life bread, etc. and subsitututed as many lower calorie things as I can to get the most bang for my buck.

For breakfast I eat some kind of cereal with skim milk which is 200-300 calories. For lunch I usually have a sandwich on Healthy Life bread with turkey and mozzarella or a wrap which is less than 200 calories. Depending on how hungry I am I eat a 100-200 calorie snack around 3. I still make the same dinners I used to, I just really watch portion size. I've logged all of my usual recipes and saved them with the recipe tool so I know what to expect now from my dinners. I always include a veggie and try to fill up on that. I'll usually put in what I'm planning on eating in the afternoon to see how big of a snack I can have. I also eat a snack after dinner.

I still eat everything I like, I just monitor what it is and it seems to be working.