no legs or light legs cardio idea?

Options
Hi,

I'm biking 35k/weekdays during the week and running about 20k/week on 3 or 4 days.
I am looking for cardio I can do on the weekend so I am notcompletely inactive but it as to be very easy on the legs so I can recover from my weekdays. I though of swimming but the schedule for pools is not very good during weekends, it would be hard to fit laps in my schedule. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    How about rest?
    Why do you need more cardio than175 km biding and 60-80km running/week? I doubt you need any more cardio than what you are doing now, and would even think that may be too much already.
    I would suggest if you do any exercise at all you do strength training. Do you do any strength training now?
  • b0urb0
    b0urb0 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    How about rest?
    Why do you need more cardio than175 km biding and 60-80km running/week? I doubt you need any more cardio than what you are doing now, and would even think that may be too much already.
    I would suggest if you do any exercise at all you do strength training. Do you do any strength training now?

its 20k running/week
    yes I do strenght training, I want an active rest something light and easy but not being completely inactive. First of all I need to spend the calories. I obviously eat more during the week burning 1000 extra cals so come the weekend its kinda hard to go with 1000 less to eat... and if i go complete rest im actually getting lazy...
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    To answer your question, rowing would be an option. The gyms in your area don't have pools, they are usually pretty open unless a class is going on.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    you don't need more cardio.
    Just go for a walk if you want to get off your butt- do some yoga.

But no- actual rest =/= lazy. I'm a hella busy person- when I take a rest day- I take a rest day and I don't do anything but stuff my face and sit on my couch- and there is about zero shame in this game.

Rest is needed- real - actual rest. don't ever underestimate that.
  • b0urb0
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

But no- actual rest =/= lazy. I'm a hella busy person- when I take a rest day- I take a rest day and I don't do anything but stuff my face and sit on my couch- and there is about zero shame in this game.

I'm glad it works for you, it doesn't for me. Active rest is still rest. It's not about shame, it's about what i need i know myself and sitting on the couch ain't gonna do it for me because won't feel like starting again comes monday.
  • b0urb0
    Options
    To answer your question, rowing would be an option. The gyms in your area don't have pools, they are usually pretty open unless a class is going on.

My local gyms don't have pools, but rowing is a good idea. I may also move my running towards the weekend to have a more evenly distributed week.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    b0urb0 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »

I'm glad it works for you, it doesn't for me. Active rest is still rest. It's not about shame, it's about what i need i know myself and sitting on the couch ain't gonna do it for me because won't feel like starting again comes monday.

no. it's not.

You need to get over this issue and train yourself to go work out when it's time to work out- resting ONE day doesn't make you lazy- that's a mental problem not a physical problem.