How do you like your eggs?

Options
I love eggs, and am in need of some new ideas. So how do you eat them and what do you add if anything at all.

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    boiled, hard boiled, scrambled, omelettes, fried, poached/steamed.... I LOVE eggs and eat at LEAST 2 a day...I have hard boiled eggs as standby snacks but only eat the white (hate hard boiled yolks) so at 16 calories per white they're a low cal, high protein super snack.

Omelettes, add whatever you like

Scrambled, a little cayenne pepper to spice them up - I think I'm addicted to cayenne pepper!

hard boiled egg whites - love them with some heinz salad cream light
  • longhop
    longhop Posts: 35
    Options
    I like mine with a kiss....!! I'm pretty boring, scrambled, black pepper, some chilli sometimes!
  • Pixie7210
    Pixie7210 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I poach me eggs in boiling water and serve on toast with a sprinkle of soy sauce. I know it sounds yuk, but I love it. I think I like to soy sauce because I love vegemite and they are both quite salty.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I like mine coddled with a tiny bit of grated cheese, or as Tunisian Shakshouka. Basically you make a stew of tomato, peppers and onion, add a bit of harissa to make it spicy, make a hollow in the mixture and poach an egg in it - delicious breakfast with a piece of crusty or flat bread. I make loads of the stew and freeze it in individual portions so I can have this whenever I fancy it :smile:
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I love mine pickled!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Cupped and cradled.

....No? :indifferent:
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    i love spanish omelettes; mushrooms, tomatoes, different color peppers. :bigsmile:
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Poached on toast with plenty of freshly ground black pepper
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    .........."I like mine with a kiss!"
  • chizzledfrmstone
    Options
    Boiled, scrambled... I love omelets!

I actually have a tub of egg whites in my fridge. From time to time I'll mix it with juice or something and just drink it like that...
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Poached, served on really awesome sour dough or rye bread and topped with smoked salmon mmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    At the moment I like them with the yolk removed and then the egg whites scrambled as I am still starting out and want to really kickstart my new lifestyle as much as possible by reducing my fat intake right down.

Usually though I like boiled egg and soldiers
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    OR

in my opinion there is not much that is nicer than a slice of wholemeal bread with fish (I like smoked haddock) on top and a poached egg, yum!
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Mmmm... fried with cheese and bacon on an onion bagel!

Or scrambled with American cheese melted on top and salsa on the side.

Not necessarily the healthiest ways, but most likely the yummiest!
  • sineadgrowden
    Options
    scrambled with a tiny bit of mixed herbs

hard boiled mashed with a little bit of lite mayo on a Sammy:happy:
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    This is a little boring, but fried egg (fried with pam) on top of whole wheat toast. Also omelet with spinach, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, cheese if you like. I also like an egg sandwich with turkey bacon on whole wheat bread.
  • sjillrenee
    Options
    I have moved to the Middle East, and meat is expensive, but eggs are plentiful, this is a Middle Eastern dish with lots of variations, but is different than anything I had tried before and is healthy, easily customised, cheap, easy to make and very healthy. I call it my "cleaning out the veggie drawer" meal.

Egg (Arabic: شكشوكة‎; Hebrew: שקשוקה‎) (also shakshuka) is a dish from the Maghreb of Tunisian origins consisting of eggs cooked in a sauce of tomatoes, peppers, onions, and spices (often including cumin, turmeric, and chillies). The name shakshouka in Tamazight means "a mixture".

The most common Maghrebi variant includes onions and tomatoes over eggs, which may be scrambled, poached, or fried. It is similar to the Turkish dish menemen, and the Mexican breakfast dish huevos rancheros.

Shakshouka is now a staple of Tunisian, Libyan, Algerian, and Moroccan cuisines, and is also popular in Israel, where it was introduced by Tunisian Jews. It is now a breakfast staple.

I like to make a dinner version with a layer of thinly sliced blanched potato, layers of chard, spinach, tomato, pepper, zuchinni or really any other veg than can stand 30 minutes in the oven or so, and lots of spicy tomato sauce. (extra chili flakes.) You just layer everything together sort of like a noodle-less veggie lasagna, and bake for 30 min at 180 or so in an ovenproof cassarole. I use a non-stick small loaf tin for a single seving. Then you take it out of the oven, break an egg or two carefully accross the top, (I like to add a smidge of grated parmesan) and then finish under the grill until the eggs are done to your liking.

There are a ton of shakshouka recipies online too if you look, I originally started desperately looking for egg recipies because my friends had chickens that were giving so many eggs they didn't know what to do with them!
  • JenKoz4
    JenKoz4 Posts: 37
    Options
    Over easy, hard boiled, scrambled.. There isn't an egg I've met that I didn't like.
  • Kayamooh
    Kayamooh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Add sugar to the egg whites and make a meringue ;D
    Thats how I like my eggs!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelet with salsa or spinach and tomato or peppers and onions, a spoonful of low fat cheese on low carb tortilla or mini pita.