Advocare 24 day challenge

Options
Its funny the Advocare 24 DC a lot of people at my church are doing it and a lot have had good results while others aren't so disciplined to stick with it. My pocket book will not support something like that with a family and a mortgage just not there at the moment. So I am looking to try it so I downloaded the 24 day challenge guide and going to use the guide with products I currently am taking and ones that I can purchase off the net for a fraction of the cost. So I will post results and entries as I go of the non 24 day advocare challenge.

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just eat some normal food and keep your calories at a deficit?
  • hjackson1226
    hjackson1226 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Where did you find the downloadable file? My wallet cannot handle a hit like that right now but I have seen folks have great results with it.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    You should always measure people great results with where they are three or more years down the road, not right after they dropped a bunch of weight by starving themselves on "cleanses" and other products.
  • jlbell1233
    jlbell1233 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    http://www.advocare.com/products/challenge.aspx

scroll down and you can download pdf file...
  • jlbell1233
    Options
    i know i just saw the results and one of them has kept it off for a year with the program. but to me it is a pyrimad scheme like amway......
  • jlbell1233
    Options
    like i had good results with WW for men but as soon as i stopped points counting the weight came right back i just need to get on something and stick with it for awhile they say three weeks makes a new habit right? well this is 24 days and again i will not use there products just the guide.....and of course MFP....
  • kimbulie
    kimbulie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've done a few challenges and had success. You get what you put into it. Some people need structure and specific direction to help them along. And yes, the habits you create put you on the right path to a lifestyle change. I will admit, it's the clean eating that probably produces the most results though. The last one I did I lost 10 lbs and I've maintained that loss for two months. The people who go from eating a large pizza and soda everyday to doing a challenge and then back to a large pizza and soda everyday....yes, they're going to gain the weight back....duh! Good luck!
  • lexiJ95
    lexiJ95 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I found that I actually spend less now total than before Advocare.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    lexiJ95 wrote: »

Spend less how?
  • lexiJ95
    lexiJ95 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Spend less how?

Less medications, less food, no fast food, no pop, no hospital stays. I find I SAVE even after all my products about $500 a month. People see it as supplements with a price tag, it's so much more than that for many people.
    My insulin doses were cut down to 1/4th of what they were, some meds are done, some were able to be switched to a cheaper form. You learn to eat correct sized portions so you eat less, meaning you buy less food. You don't crave "to-go" or drive-thru food.
    If you use the right stuff, you will save.

• queenliz99
    edited September 2015
    Options

Spend less how?

Less medications, less food, no fast food, no pop, no hospital stays. I find I SAVE even after all my products about $500 a month. People see it as supplements with a price tag, it's so much more than that for many people.
    My insulin doses were cut down to 1/4th of what they were, some meds are done, some were able to be switched to a cheaper form. You learn to eat correct sized portions so you eat less, meaning you buy less food. You don't crave "to-go" or drive-thru food.

But i have all that without spending $500.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Spend less how?

I shudder to think how much worthless stuff you were buying before, that paying for more worthless stuff is SAVING you $500/month.
  • jendiaz9732
    jendiaz9732 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thought this was about avocados...
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    They added 3 days?

OP, it is a method of portion control. There are tons of different methods of practicing portion control (food pyramid, myplate, etc.). They are essentially ways of restricting calorie intake without counting calories. You will need to find a way that works for you, but I agree that spending tons of money on a program just doesn't make sense. If you can find cheap containers and a free pdf? Give it a shot. If it doesn't work, try one of the other methods or even just calorie counting.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Thought this was about avocados...

ryey9tirf10r.jpeg
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

Spend less how?

It doesn't cost anything to cut out fast food or pop and budget your calories. You can even leave fast food in if you want as long as you maintain a deficit. You really don't need any supplements to lose weight and gain the benefits you listed.
  • jlbell1233
    Options
    worked for me lost 10lbs so far!
  • donalynvaughn
    donalynvaughn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Starting on Monday. The thing is, the plan is REAL food, clean food, and portion control. I have lost over 70 pounds (was up to 80 before the holidays) following the Shred Diet, but I have reached a plateau. The diets are almost identical with what you eat - small meals and healthy snacks. I am going to do my homemade protein smoothies instead of the Advocare ones just because they are too sweet for me. The Advocare supplements really help me stay on track. I take Catalyst and Thermoplus, sometimes Crave Check in the afternoon if I am having cravings, and Omega Plex at bedtime. I have had way more energy since starting the supplements - this while cutting way back on my coffee and eliminating regular tea.